Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week Till Op And Feeling Nervous :/

1 week till op and having so many questions still, do you feel tired cuz your eating less, do you get lack of concentration from eating less, im medicated for depression should i up my dosage while im loosing weight, how long till you can physically see the a difference, what kind of meals can you eat or is it just healthy snack foods ?

Actually, I have tons more energy and am much less tired because I am eating healthier. My concentration is much better because of it, too.

You shouldn't touch your meds without talking to your doctor first. Adjusting your dose is something only he can safely decide.

Everyone is different, how soon you see the difference depends on your body and how much you have to lose.

You should be eating "normal" healthy meals, definitely not just snack food.

Have you been to a seminar to learn about the band? Have you been to a nutritionist? If not, I'd highly recommend you do both as both are crucial towards your success.

I have way more energy now and my concentration is definitely better, I am a much healthier person.

Your doctor is the one to decide medication dosages. Please consult him/her.

Everyone looses weight differently and depending on how much weight you have to loose as to when you will physically see it. For me I started noticing my clothes where looser after about 30 pounds.

I can eat any foods. I eat 3 meals a day & 1 snack. I eat Protein first then veggies & then carbs, total of 1 cup of food.

I recommend you get the book Bandwagon by Jean McMillan. It is full of great information and will answer alot of questions. There is an ad for it at the bottom of this web page, just click on the ad.

Good luck on your new journey.

my lapband doc isnt really giving me much info,, when i ask questions he just tells me not to worry and think of the long term goal,, but there is a long way between here and there,, my lapband doc hasnt sent me to a dietition or nutritionist, but ive got my cert in nutrition,,

You should make a list of your questions and sit down with your doctors and get your questions answered. That's what they are there for. Make sure before they roll you in for surgery you really have "no more questions". Pre op I went to my doc with a legal pad of questions and he sat with me and answered them all. Good luck! :)

i did that,, i just still have more questions , dont know just really nervous, im just so used to being in shake diets and all the side effects of those that im not wraping my head around how those side effects want happen with this,