Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was bandee yesterday and let me tell you I'm in so much pain. The surgeon told my husband it took longer than expected, but DH did not ask why. I am in so much pain where the port is I think. Also to add insult to injury I gained 5lbs. So far I am not hungry at all, and I've been sipping Water, and I'm in the most pain I've ever been in..

Call them. ....

I plan to, it is only 5am

Did they send you home with pain meds and have you taken them? Good luck and feel better.

Yes I do have meds and yea I have taken them. Still hurts :/

weighing yourself after surgery is just (silly) in my opinion. all the fluids they gave you, are you surprised that you gained? no. not really... dont worry about weighing yourself for a few more weeks. you need to focus on getting healthy and getting well. you just had major surgery. .....the meds will help with the pain. take them as prescribed to offset it....and always call the dr if something doesnt feel right. even if (nothing is wrong) it will give you peace of mind. congrats on the banding and hope you feel better really soon.

So sorry to hear that.

Also, don't worry about the weight gain. That is normal from all the fluids they pumped in you and trauma from surgery.

I kinda figured it would be silly lol. The meds do help take the edge off. I think I can remember the Dr saying he had.to reapair a hernia, but I was so dopped up I could have imagined it. I will call in a couple hours. Thank you all for the.well wishes. I think I went into this thinking my pain.threshold was higher. I am extremely happy I did it.

Side question. Did anyone else find it hard to eat after, I'm not hungry at all

It is a big surgery, and when they go through muscle, it hurts.

I think it took a few days before I was hungry. Then watch out...lol.

It was surgery ,,,,even with 5 little holes they were messing with your insides and sewing in your band and hernia surgery requires mending. Take the meds like they say so the pain doesn't get ahead of you I lived in my PJ's for the first 4 days and slept alot, then the shoulder pain kicked in for me that was the worst of it I did not know about gas x or the heating pad back then :angry: . You will feel better everyday just give it time.

I was not hungry for about 4 days....... And stay off the scale it doesn;t happen overnight. Though it sure would be nice if it worked that way :unsure:

You are probably experiencing that... what the hell have I done to myself syndrom many of us felt that way. Keep positive each day gets better. Do what t hey tell you and you will be so happy next year at this time...

I am 7 days post op and still have moments that make me almost double over in pain. It is natural because we use our abdomen for everything and it has been through trauma. It gets better though. I only have the pain when I'm up and about a lot. REST REST REST!!!

Oh man, I just had some gas x. I feel 100x better way easier to.breathe. I tried walking around the house, then the block and nothing worked, until the gas x. I wish I had gotten it sooner

Awe! So sorry about that pain! I have been writing all this stuff down I read on the forum! I have an arsenal of tools and food and GasX ready to go for my surgery! But I have the benefit of all of you who went before me! I am glad the GasX works. :) So impressed you had the gumption to get out there and walk. Take it easy, heal slowly, and be healthy. You'll be feeling better in no time. So you can be here to give me post op advice, real soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk