Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 7/9 & there is no way I am going to last another freaking week on pure liquid. I need to eat, but what???

Banded 7/9 & there is no way I am going to last another freaking week on pure liquid. I need to eat' date=' but what???[/quote']

Drink Protein Shakes it kills ur hunger

You need to follow your doctor's post-op orders. Eating solid food too soon can tear sutures, and cause the band to move out of it's optimal position.

liquids are food ..... don;t mess up your band by eating it really is not worth it and it will hurt. I am assuming you wrote wanting support well we can do that but anyone who sugar coats it is not doing you a favor. Follow what they gave you and you will be successful.. No one ever starved in the first 5 days. Sorry but thats just the facts. :wacko:

you aren't getting enough Protein if you are hungry. you need to be getting 80gm or more a day. Stick with the post op diet or you will end up with slippage or espophageal herniation.

My biggest struggle, since banding on 6/26, was the pre-op liquid diet. If you made that I'm sure you can handle this. While we are all different, just after surgery I wasn't hungry at all and only ate because I knew I had to. On the fifth day.... The hunger came and the food offerings didn't seem to be enough. Lots of Jello that I swished thru my teeth to make it more liquidy and broth.

You can do it! You have come this far... GOOD LUCK!

You can do it, don't forget sugar free popsicles! Out of curiosity, do you have to drink every 20 minutes? I was also banded on 07/09 and this 20 minute rule is insane. I have do do either pureed 1 oz food or 2 oz liquid every 20 minutes and being that it's Saturday, I can't find out until Monday if I'm doing this right :)

2012 are you sure they didn't tell you not to drink 30 minutes before or after your meal? And don't drink with your meal. I was told this plus to get in 64 oz Water.< /p>

Eat Soup. That was my saviour. It tasted like food and really hit the spot.

Wtloss, yeah, they said that too. The directions are very confusing and I have stuck to the 20 minute rule because how the directions come across, guess I will have to stick to it until Monday when I contact them. Maybe it's this way since I could start pureed the day after surgery and did not have to do another 2 weeks liquids like I'm seeing others on here have had to do.

Stock has a lot more flavor than broth. If you are on clears you can drain out the liquid from a can of Soup and let someon else eat the solids. Mrs Dash salt free flavorings can be added before heating which gives the stock more flavor. Make sure to get your Protein Shakes in they will help with the hunger.

Tomato Soup make you feel like you are having a meal and it is filling.

I agree, make sure you are getting your protien, I have to have 60g a day.

Remember, eat to live, not live to eat. ;) I have to tell myself this a million times a day. Lol

Good luck

I was dreading my one week pre-op liquid only diet and was surprised I managed to cope with it, although here we are on day 7 and I am feeling a bit tired and ready for it to be done. On day 3 I started having quite severe hunger pangs and had to have a talk with myself - tell myself that I was the one who signed up for this - it took me 6 months to get to this point, and why would I have ever bothered to waste my own and everybody else's time if I was going to cheat myself and not do what it took to get through the tough spots pre and post surgery. This is SO GOING TO BE WORTH IT!

I tested different Protein drinks and found some I quite like (some took me a day or two to get to like) but even if they are horrible, they will curb your hunger. Warm broth also soothed my tummy and I would drink a BIG mug full. Get your head around it, fire in your belly (ha ha) and get ready to be slim, healthy and active - all the rewards for these few weeks of sacrifice! Good luck!

Rachel

I believe that most posters on this forum who have had to survive the weeks of liquid diet feel that it's a real #@%^*...but it's done for valid medical reasons. You are still healing, and it's important to allow for this healing to take place. I was on full liquids for an entire 4 weeks.

I continue to use drinking SF/FF fluids, mostly Water, to help manage my hunger, and also distract myself with getting involved with a project or exercise...anything healthy to take your mind away from food and hunger.

If you really feel that you are not up to follow the recommended diet, I would call your surgeon's office and let them know how you are feeling. It's possible they may give you permission to begin mushies a bit ahead of schedule.

One thing to consider though, is that if you are beginning your journey, and already wanting to tailor the rules to meet your needs, how compliant will you be with the diet compliance necessary for successful weight loss in 6 months or a year?

Until you reach some level of restriction after fills, you will have to rely on sheer will power for diet compliance and exercise to continue to loose weight. It's called "bandster hell" for valid reasons...and I believe that we all experience it at some points along the way.

Best wishes...