Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to share a lil info about fruit! I am a firm believer NOW that a apple a day really does keep the Dr. away...actually more like 4 or 5 a day! I highly recommend you put your good ole blender to use and make yourself a smoothie or 2 EVERYDAY! I have been doing this pre and post and I feel so much better. I have even noticed a few of my health issues improved or all together disappeared. fruit gives you the vital nutrients that are sometimes neglected with us bandsters, we must focus on Protein but often tines lack the Vitamins and minerals we need, my goal is to be slim and healthy, not slim and looking like death. I use a greek non fat yogurt, an apple, pinrapple, a banana, ice, a lil Water and a few packs of equal and end up with a very delightful smoothie, I dont measure the ice and water and generally use 2 to 3 packs of equal. I have used almost every FRESH fruit but always include an apple and banana... I added a bell pepper this am and it was delicious! Happy Smoothing!

Sounds food I might try it thanks

Hi Bob, I am going to have to agree with you on this subject. I can't tell you enough how many conflicts I have had with my nutrionist about the topic when it comes to 'fruit'. When I sat down with her and she told me that I would have to cut out fruits, I nearly lost it. She said the 'surgeons' are the ones that want off limits, not her and she has also stated to me that she has begged to differ with them. Now, she said the surgeons are changing their minds to 'half' a fruit a day. OMG, I looked straight in her face and said, "I am sorry, but fruit did not make me this big". I can tell you what made me big and it ain't fruit. I know about the digestive system with the band and how important it is to not eat sugar, that should be BAD sugar not the healthy ones that actually make our bodies stay young and healthy such as blueberries, cantaloupe, blackberries, bananas, apricots, and yes apples. Why do you think Jack LaLanne stuck around all those years, he was living proof that fruits make you live longer. Now, I am not saying shove fruits in your mouth all day long. I think a blance of 3 a day it just fine. FYI: did you know that just eatting a half banana a day can cut a precentage in breast cancer in woman. Bananas source of potassium, magnesium, Vitamin B6 and Fiber as well as some other B Vitamins and Iron. Bananas have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, neuroprotective and antioxidant activities and to reduce blood pressure and the risk of coronary heart disease. Why would anyone want to stop eatting fruit, that is just insane!

As we focus on the 'protein' we also have to make sure that we are balancing our nutrients out evenly to better the quality of our health, and of course to heal the inside of our vital organs...

Good Job Bob!

I think your right. I'm almost 4 weeks post op @ feel sluggish. I'm eating mostly all Protein but just don't feel all that great. I think I'm going to do the same. Thanks

I agree with you ladies, I'm sitting here feeling like I have brain fog and no energy whatsoever. I'm almost 3 months out with 41 lbs gone but still don't have the energy to exercise. My birthday was Sunday and I had all my kids and grandkids over and everyone said it was like I wasn't there. I definitely need to do something fast. Keep the suggestions coming!

Oops sorry Bob didn't mean to leave you out! Lol

I agree huge difference between 100 calories of fruit and 100 of chocolate cake. My Nurse Practioner said I should eat fruit 3 times a day. I don't bother at Breakfast since I do choose Greek yogurt with fuit added (though admittedly it doesn't contain a lot. I find the healthier I eat (cutting out refined carbs, candy, cake) the more I enjoy plain fruit.

I agree with the above posts I did not get fat eating fruit in fact juicing is part of my daily diet. There is a web site called 'Sick Fat and Nearly Dead' that has a great video on the benefits of juicing and tons of recipes.< /p>

I plan to have fruit between my main meals of Protein so that I don't end up flushing my protein through too quickly and just end up hungry again. I will not be giving up fruits and vegetables and will definitely find a way to get them in on a daily basis without messing up my protein intake. Has anyone else been able to have fresh fruits and veggies this way ?

I have been feeling drained so bad. I went to the amusement park yesterday with my family and I could barely make it. I was wiped out. I get my Protein in everyday but just no energy. I have to make myself get up to go to the gym and talk myself into staying the whole time. I'm going to start adding in fruit. Something has got to give.

Same here I got to find a way in to get my fruits and veggie cause I need them to help to get going. I'm 3 weeks out of surgery and I'm barley getting my Protein down. Help please!!

I have a hard time with fresh fruit going down but I had 2 smoothies today & I feel much better. Not dragging like most days. I agree I'm going to have to disagree with the no fruit. I did Greek yogurt, apple juice, 1/2 banana & strawberries.

Glad I read this I'm on my 6 day post op and I'm sick on my Protein shakes the smell of them make me gag!! I'm soo going to try this tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hi everyone! I'm three weeks out and have been really enjoying watermelon! Since I'm still on mushies, I make a Protein Shake each morning with Protein Powder, nf plain Greek yogurt, frozen fruit (berries, bananas, peaches, whatever) and fresh spinach or kale and sometimes carrots. It's delicious! I can never finish the whole serving so I save the rest for my afternoon 'boost'.

Turtle has your Iron levels been checked? Anemia can be very bad if left untreated.

Sandra, Please do not add fruit to your diet until you doctor approves!!! You can do damage to your stomach at this point. My doctor allowed me smooth Soups starting day 8. I really enjoyed Pacific brand tomato/sweet red pepper Soup. I added Mrs. Dash unsalted flavorings before heating to up the taste.