Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery in September. And I've only lost about 25 pounds. Im so embarrassed and I feel like a failure. Im only 20 and was 19 when I got the band so my parents are kind of concerned as to why the weight hasnt come off.

Idk if it's something I'm doing. I dont eat nearly as much as I use to. And alot of foods I have cut out.

I'm just totally confused and heartbroken. I'm tired of crying and being depressed about it. Is anyone else having the same issue or know what I can do?

How many fills have you gotten? What are your eating and exercise habits?

You should really go to speak to your Doctor. He should be able to help you out.

I have had 4 fills I believe. The last one was a big fill and I think it's time for another one. I go to the doctor in a couple of weeks.

I try to exercise 3-4 times a week....walking, crunches, stair marching. I usually only eat 2 meals a day. And maybe a couple of Snacks. I try to stay away from red meat so usually chicken baked or grilled. I love fruit and salads so i try to eat that. My biggest problem is probably consuming enough Water and consistent exercising because sometimes I only workout once a week.

Most doctors have a nutrtionist on staff or available. I lost 12 lbs in the first 4 months. My nutritionist really helped me find where I had gone wrong. Talk to your doc and his nutritionist.

tmf

It all comes down to calories (taken in and burned)...I think if you are female you need to be under 1200 a day and get enough fills to make that easy or at least doable for you. You MUST know how many calories you are taking in every day to know why you arent losing weight...part of why we have all had weight problems is we have lied to ourselves a bit about what we eat and how much...do a log and find out exactly how much you are taking in...

hang in there :)

I had surgery in September. And I've only lost about 25 pounds. Im so embarrassed and I feel like a failure. Im only 20 and was 19 when I got the band so my parents are kind of concerned as to why the weight hasnt come off.

Idk if it's something I'm doing. I dont eat nearly as much as I use to. And alot of foods I have cut out.

I'm just totally confused and heartbroken. I'm tired of crying and being depressed about it. Is anyone else having the same issue or know what I can do?

You need to sit down and track everything you are eatting, I mean every little thing. Bring it to the nutrionist so they can help you. I remember when I joined weight watchers back in the day and I would barely eat because I wanted to lose weight fast. Well, that didnt work. I needed to put healthy fats into my diet. If you omit most foods from your diet you will have nothing to burn. Remember fuel burns. This could be by adding a tablespoon of Peanut Butter, lite mayo, lite dressing. etc. Measure measure measure. Too much will add up to empty calories, and you don't want that. Believe me I use to drown my food in ketchup and you would be surprised all the sugar and calories I was adding to my food. Get in some healthy nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, brazil, almonds. These are the best healthiest nuts for you that have healthy fat. Go easy, remember just a handful (20 almonds equal 1 ounce of nuts) You can google how many nuts are in an ounce to see how many your are able to have. Oh, guacamole is also an excellent fat that is very healthy, just make sure you measure. Whole wheat only, that includes breads and pastas, rice. sugar free should be your best friend now, but watch the calories they add up. You will become a pro on reading lables.

Hang in there, it will happen whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!

I agree it's all about calories - i rarely exercise and rarely get my Water in - BUT i stick to the 800-900 surgeon recommended calories per day for me. It's working despite the exercise/water issue. BEST OF LUCK TO US ALL ON OUR JOURNEYS!!!! B)

First you need to have Protein for Breakfast. People who eat a Breakfast high in Protein and has dairy loose weight faster than those who do not.

Can you go 4 hours after eating before you are hungry? If not you need a fill.

You need to have 3 oz of solid protein at lunch and dinner plus veggies and maybe fruit. At this point of your journey you probably need to cut out anything high in fat. So for protein chicken no skin or fish. Cut out all refined carbs, bread, chips, crackers, rice cakes, Pasta, Cereal, rice. Yes this is a diet. Even at restriction I have to "diet", it's all about food choices. Would I love a plate of nachos or potato skins? YES. I just choose not to.

What is your exercise plan? Most doctor's say at least 30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week. I do up to 2.5 hours a day and am a slow looser.

First you need to have Protein for Breakfast. People who eat a breakfast high in Protein and has dairy loose weight faster than those who do not.

Can you go 4 hours after eating before you are hungry? If not you need a fill.

You need to have 3 oz of solid protein at lunch and dinner plus veggies and maybe fruit. At this point of your journey you probably need to cut out anything high in fat. So for protein chicken no skin or fish. Cut out all refined carbs, bread, chips, crackers, rice cakes, Pasta, Cereal, rice. Yes this is a diet. Even at restriction I have to "diet", it's all about food choices. Would I love a plate of nachos or potato skins? YES. I just choose not to.

What is your exercise plan? Most doctor's say at least 30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week. I do up to 2.5 hours a day and am a slow looser.

i agree about solid protein for breakfast. i have a small amount of bacon plus one fried egg.... that does me well until lunch.< /p>