Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Pre Opt Diet Help!!!!

So I start my liquid pre opt diet on monday! It's 3-5 protine shakes a day and Water and crystal lite. They said I could have a small piece of plain baked chicken breast if I REALLY need it, but that's only if it gets bad. Anyways, my question is.... What kind of things did you guys do to keep your mind off cheating!

The shakes are actually pretty filling so that helps. I'm trying to freeze my last shake and eat it like ice cream, that makes the eating part last longer. The hardest part for me is lunch time at work when everyone is eating and I'm having a cup of Soup. I only started Monday, so I don't have a lot of suggestions yet!

Hi, I've been on the liquid diet for 9 days now and I have found that if you spread your shakes out throughout the day it helps and the idea newbie gave you about freezing them is great. I also eat sugar-free Jello and sugar free popsicles. They seem like a treat when you're sick of the shakes. I, like newbie eat Lipton Cup of Soups they are only 50 calories. Sometimes you just get sick of having sweet stuff. You need to keep your calories below 800 for it to work for surgery. You just have to stay away from heavy sugar treats and keep them sugar-free. sugar free hard candy helps in between. Hope I helped a little.

Keep up the good work, it will be worth it in the end....

I was required to have 3 cups of 1% milk daily during my liquid diet. I used the milk to make 3 of my required daily 4 shakes, which made the hunger stay away a bit longer. I also used to add a few cubes of ice to the blender to thicken the shake, which made it take longer to drink.

I focused on distracting myself; I structured my time so that I had set times to exercise, have my shakes, and got busy with projects around the house. All of the drawers, closets and cabinets in the house were purged of unneeded items and are still organized.

Hope that this information helps...it's a difficult time, but so worth it!

Best wishes on your journey!

I will ask my doctor about the popcicles. But from what I understand I can only have the shakes as calorie containing "food". But if I could have sf Popsicles that would be great. And I have to mix the shakes with water... Bleckkk! Lol oh well, it's so worth it!

The #1 thing that helped me get through the liquids was making a list of the 25 reasons I want to lose weight. I read it every time I felt like giving up, and I still do.

If you can, try mixing it up with different textures of liquids. sugar free Jello, sugar free Popsicle, and hot tea. I also literally threw away ALL the food in my house before I started.

Worst part of the whole procedure. I lived on sugar free Jello pops. sf jello, sf pudding and chicken broth, ff sf vanilla latte's and mio was better than crystal light I also found a sf ice cream for 3 weeks. It sucked. Oh and to help with the stupid Protein Shakes I used muscle milk added 3 shots of espresso blended with 1 banana :) Good luck

Yeah I'm not there yet and I'm not looking forward to it. My doctors are pretty strict and already gave me the handouts about the pre-op diet. I will be on full liquids only-up to 6 Protein Shakes per day, and sf yogurt if I need to feel like I am eating something. They said the only sub I could make is sf Jello because I hate yogurt bleck!

Yeah I'm not there yet and I'm not looking forward to it. My doctors are pretty strict and already gave me the handouts about the pre-op diet. I will be on full liquids only-up to 6 Protein shakes per day' date=' and sf yogurt if I need to feel like I am eating something. They said the only sub I could make is sf Jello because I hate yogurt bleck![/quote']

Yeah, my doctor is strict like that too! Maybe I will just sleep the two weeks away! Lol

sleeping sounds like a plan...I would have to stuff my toddlers somewhere though, they probably wouldn't like it lol.

I froze fat free milk into "Milk cubes". I made the shakes with 2/3 cup fat free milk and 2 milk cubes (add regular ice cubes as desired). Blended in a Hamilton Beech individual blender ($15 at Walmart and Target mixing cup is a travel mug), result was a thicker frappe like shake. I did add sugar free syrups (found coffee isle) and sugar/fat free pudding powder (2 table spoons).

Found out Incan have sf Popsicles and sf jello!!! So happy! Lol

For me the thing that kept my mind of cheating was the thought of being sewn up and sent home if my liver wasted small enough lol. I have to do three weeks and I'm on day 19, surgery is Monday! I did the usual 5 Protein Shakes, low sodium broth, sf popsicles, and sf Jello (only made one box, not really a fan of jello!) you'll be fine! Just remember why you have to do it!

Found out Incan have sf Popsicles and sf jello!!! So happy! Lol

I glad I couldn't imagine only Protein Shakes enjoy your treats

Lacey I start mine Monday as well and its for two weeks the first week I can have one meal under 300 cals 15 g of carbs or less and 15g of Protein or more with two Protein Shakes a dAy and the second week with four protein shakes no food! I do like the comment someone left about imagining all we have been through for this and they can't do it because your liver is still too big because u cheated! It makes u think!