Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Had My Lapband Done 7/1/2010

July 1, 2010, I started a journey that changed the direction for the rest of my life. I started my journey with a diagnosis of Lupus. I was borderline diabetic and hypertensive. It hurt to walk and my lower back constantly ached, I had several injections in my back trying to cope with the pain. I took about 15 different medications to maintain a functional life. I weighed 273 lbs and a year later, I weighed 167 lbs. Resulting in a loss of 107 lbs, a loss of 12 sizes in clothing and a whole new life. My insurance plan had no bariatric benefits. However, the cost was minimal to the savings of my health & life today. I am currently only taking my synthroid for hypothyroidism and a Multi-Vitamin which, has saved thousands of dollars on medication I no longer have to take.

I will never forget the words my oldest daughter recently said to me when we were taking my 9 month old grandson to the beach. She hadn’t seen me in a bathing suit in quite some time and when she opened the door, she said, “Wow, mom you look hot”. 40 year old grandma looking hot! That is what I’m talking about. More importantly, I will be alive and healthy to see my children graduate from college and my grandson grow up. Prior to my lap band surgery, I wasn’t sure I would make it through the Lupus. I have inspired many in their journey of weight loss and plan to continue to help change the lives of those who need help to get healthy again. The lap band is merely a tool to help us manage the food intake, but it is a tool that will help change the lives of many in this obese world we live in.

I owe Dr. Huguet and Allergan for saving my life. I know that this has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. My husband has since lost 40 lbs, my daughter goes to the gym now a couple times a week and I recently walked my first 5k for Breast Cancer. I intend on changing the world and it begins with the Lap band.post-35782-13813664643146_thumb.jpg

post-313978-13813139985715_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much. I want to be an inspiration to many. I want to help change the obese world we live in. Good luck and congrats on your weight loss. That is 366 sticks of butter off your body. Remember each lb you lose it is 4 sticks of butter off your body :) Have a marvelous day

You look absolutely stunning!! Thank you so much for sharing your journey. Congratulations not only on the weight loss, but the regain of your health back. You definitely can't put a price on that. Enjoy the summer in your swim suit :)

There is no price on your health, I have come to realize that. Today is my first day on this website, but I look forward to chatting in the future. Good luck in your endeavor's. :)

What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing something so personal to you. Congratulations, you look beautiful! You are such an inspiration and it lifted my heart reading your story, I'm been a little anxious with my upcoming surgery and you have given me a silver lining!

THank you so very much. I am having my journey which will begin next tuesday. I love to read stories like yours. I too want to be a healthy and active mom and have my son say, "mom, you are pretty" or something like that! Great work and great choice. I too made the same choice to be self pay. The cost is minimal for my health and happiness.

That is correct, no money will amount to the health and happiness you will get back in your life from the changes of your weight loss. I wish you all the luck and I am very proud of you to want to make these changes for you and your children, it is very rewarding. Thanks for the compliment and I look forward to hearing your success story. :)

A simple post on the Internet can help more than you know...

Congratulations, and thank you!