Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port Sticking Out

Guest MC1266

Guest MC1266

My husband and I had the lap band surgery 4 weeks ago. My husband has lost 26 lbs but about 2 or 3 days ago he started feeling pain in his port area, especially when he was sleeping - he wouldn't be able to lay on the side the port was on. He could also feel his port under his skin. Then yesterday we could actually see a bump on his stomach where the port is and we can feel it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Marilyn

Marilyn

I was just looking at my side profile nude the other day and noticed a bump/lump, my port is sticking out. I've been banded 5 months now and it seems to have surfaced more now than before. My curious freinds are amazed that they can feel my port.

I don't sleep on my left side very offten. I also have a slight tilt downward but when I lay down it gos flat. My fill doctor has no trouble accessing my port, I'm not too worried.

When your husband gets his first fill, under Fluro, the doctor can check everything out.

I don't have pain though, you might want to call his doctor.

Guest MC1266

Vera, I noticed you had surgery by Dr. Sanchez - so did we. We really liked him. We contacted Dr. Sanchez and he seems to think it is ok - we are scheduled to see our follow-up doctor next wednesday for a fill - so we'll have him do a fluoroscopy and hopefully everything will be fine.

Thanks for your message!

Marilyn

Guest nlfolds

This is too funny because I read this post again to see if I had written it...which I didn't...My husband and I both had lapband and he also has lost about 25 pounds....He also has a bulge where his port is. I don't know if this is your busband's problem, but my husband has a very firm stomach area, unlike mine which is flabby. We were told that what that means is his "fat" is between his organs and his muscle, whereas mine is between muscles & skin....My port is deeper thru the fat layers and his is right below his layer of skin and muscles. He had his first fill the other day and I watched....the needle was very short compared to the long one they used on me.

Hope that this may be what's going on with your husband also. Good luck.....

OK nlfolds

this is weired .. who was your doctor?:)

Curious minds want to know?

I love the info-where the port is attached

My port sticks out more now than before. As you lose weight I guess it's only natural. When I do feel uncomfortable pain, I just massage it a little and try to move it just a bit. It makes it feel better. I am sure you have nothing to worry about but it's good that your appointment is so close.

Mary