Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate, hate, hate having depression:(

I've had it for so long now and it's never been controlled really well. Yes I take meds and they take the edge off but I'm still depressed.

In May my PCP decided I should see a psychiatrist because she thinks I'm actually bipolar. My appointment is in a few weeks.

In the meantime I've been depressed since I was 18. I'm 31 now. I don't even know what it's like to feel normal because I never have. I'm either really low or really high, I don't have in between states.

I'm excited about seeing the psychiatrist and I hope he can fix things but what if he does and I find that I'm not at all the person I used to be. Will things stay the same in my relationship? Oddly enough, I've been depressed for the same amount of time that I've been married. I have a great dh so I don't think that's caused my depression but I have no clue anymore because I"m so lost I don't know who I really am.

Okay I'm just rambling now but does this make sense to any of you? I just want to be happy and normal whatever that is:/

You aren't rambling so don't worry.

I am glad you are going to see a Psychiatrist as a GP isn't equipped enough for all of the different med options out there. My sister found out in her mid-forties that she is Bi-Polar and she is doing well now on meds. Just know that you are never alone with this disease and don't ever feel or let anyone else make you feel inferior. Taking meds for mental illness is like taking meds for high blood pressure, it's to help a medical condition. Good luck to you

Thanks for the response. I still can't believe I've gone this long without knowing I may be bi polar but then again I bottle things up and never tell anyone how I really feel. I saw my GP back in May and just let it all out. That's when she was like oh you have all the signs, you really need a psychiatrist.

There's a long wait here for a psych even with health insurance but at least it's finally coming soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!