Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you looking forward to?

I'm 8 days away from being banded!!! What are you looking forward to?

Here are a few things I'm looking forward to:

1. My feet and back not hurting me

2. Cute clothes

3. Not needing to lick my finger to get my wedding rings off......even though I got them when I was 3 months pregnant and the jeweler made them alittle loose since I was preggo......Oiy vey!!!!!

Hi jen..there's a thread on here call skinny bucket list...check it out. it goes with what you're saying.

I'm 8 days away from being banded!!! What are you looking forward to?

Here are a few things I'm looking forward to:

1. My feet and back not hurting me

2. Cute clothes

3. Not needing to lick my finger to get my wedding rings off......even though I got them when I was 3 months pregnant and the jeweler made them alittle loose since I was preggo......Oiy vey!!!!!

hello Jen,

I am getting banded Monday the 27th and I am looking forward to all the same things you are.

Good luck , and maybe we can keep eachother updated seeing we will be close to surgery dates..:)

~Kris

Oh I love these types of threads! I'm here from the "other side" to tell you that not only will the things you've listed happen but SO many more that you haven't even thought of or never thought could happen to you.

It's amazing!

best wishes to you! You're making a great decision! Yayyyyy

to be able to ride roller coasters again. To not need the extension on an airplane. To fit again into some of my favorite clothes.

My size 10 ultra comfy abercrombie and fitch jeans. That's a start. I'm about 20 pounds. away from that. My gorgeous evening gown I only wore once.

Then size 8 bathing suit (bottom) and 14 for my luscious top. I'm about 40 pounds away from that.

My size 10 ultra comfy abercrombie and fitch jeans. That's a start. I'm about 20 pounds. away from that. My gorgeous evening gown I only wore once.

Then size 8 bathing suit (bottom) and 14 for my luscious top. I'm about 40 pounds away from that.

I put together an entire list to help me get thru the hard days ....

CheckYes - thanks for the input from the other side !!

Hey - I'm really looking forward to the day I can put on a pair of American Eagle jeans. I've always been a big girl and need been able to fit into the "cool" clothes. For just one time in my life, I want to walk into that store and leave with a pair of jeans. I will cry that day. lol...it's been my dream since I was a freshman in high school. However, I just went to Old Navy today and tried on a size 18. A bit snug (then again they were "short" when I'm quite tall) but I was able to zip them up. I'm getting there. Almost 50 pounds lost! Woooo hoooo!!!

Congratulations more2love! That's what I look forward to the most shopping somewhere other than lane Bryant....specifically shopping at White House Black Market and Ann Taylor Loft.....I can't wAit!!

I'm 6 days from being banded and I get so excited when I think of all the things that are going to change for me when I start losing weight.

No more wondering when you meet people if they are judging you by how much you weigh, no more saying no to my kids about going to the lake because I don't want to get in a bathing suit.

I can't wait to be able to go tubing down the river and not worry that my butt won't fit in the tube lol

I will be so excited to not have to shop at a plus size store!!

There are too many things to list on here that I am looking forward to, but you get the point :lol:

Just wanted to make sure you know that American Eagle has extended sizes (up to 18) online. The boy fit jeans run big. :)

Hey - I'm really looking forward to the day I can put on a pair of American Eagle jeans. I've always been a big girl and need been able to fit into the "cool" clothes. For just one time in my life, I want to walk into that store and leave with a pair of jeans. I will cry that day. lol...it's been my dream since I was a freshman in high school. However, I just went to Old Navy today and tried on a size 18. A bit snug (then again they were "short" when I'm quite tall) but I was able to zip them up. I'm getting there. Almost 50 pounds lost! Woooo hoooo!!!

Just wanted to make sure you know that American Eagle has extended sizes (up to 18) online. The boy fit jeans run big. :)

Hey! Yes, I know. But I want to actually walk into an American Eagle store and put on a pair of 14 jeans. I don't want to shop online anymore. Too many years of that...now I'm ready to actually buy things that day! I can't wait

10 days out from Banding!

- NEW WARDROBE!!!!!

- To be able to surf come summer.

- not being the 'fat friend'

- not worrying about getting diabeates by age 40

- to be able to run long distance

- recover from asthma

- feel more comfortable with my bf

- look hot when I dance

- not needed seconds at EVERY MEAL

- my nana to finally approval of me

- "Have you lost weight?"

- sexy costumes for dress up parties

- lacy undies

- climb stairs without being puffed

- feel comfy in my school uniform

- having my body back on side

- live longer

- no more wobbly bits

- showing my body the respect it deserves!

Well, I'm not banded yet, but once I do and get this weight moving far away from me......I look forward to so many things....but to list a few:

come off my blood pressure meds and "pre diabetes" meds

get cuter clothing!!!

NEVER shop in the plus size departments again

feeling a bit more confident when I walk in a room full of people

being healthier

not being "the fat friend" any longer

being able to raid my friend's closet and for once be able to borrow an outfit from her (or maybe...that they would be TOO big! :D )

and to stop feeling like a failure (from all the ups and downs in my weight, since childhood )

I want to shop in holister, amrican egal and other so called cool stores.

Wear a bkinni

Ride a crotch rocket with my boyfriend.

Be smaller than my mom and pregnant sister

Have sexy pics taken to give my bf