Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I Be Dieting Forever!!??

Keep getting your fills. That's great you have an appointment. I disagree with Dave, that the band works right away. If you don't have restriction it's not going to be helpfull. I hope the next fill does it for you. In the meantime I would focus on eating the right foods (high protien, low carb, low fat) and get some excersise. Hope this helps!

Wouldn't it be easy if the band worked the same for everyone? It doesn't and sometimes it is frustrating to get it all worked out.

In my own case, I have not counted calories or anything else since the day I was banded. I do try to stay aware of things like calories and Protein, but don't obcess over it. I go on about my life and don't live and breath my diet or weightloss. I can't let it consume my life. I know my way will not work for everyone, but the important part is that it works for me. I lost 100 pounds in the first year. For me it has mostly been about getting to my sweet spot early in the process. If you have only lost a tiny amount it sounds to me like you need more fill. Even that can be frustrating because you can go over into the red zone and be too tight. Then you have to go get a bit taken out to bring you back to the green zone/ sweet spot. It can be well worth it to find the proper fill level.

When I'm not losing...I simply need a fill. I had reflux from being too tight so had all the saline removed to let all that settle down.....and..I gained some weight. My band is simple.....too loose, I can eat whatever (and I am still the same person that was obese so I tend to do just that...eat whatever) but, when my band is filled "just right" I can eat small amounts of food and lose weight. I've had this band for nearly 6 years and have lost over 150 pounds at one point.....and over the past two years have my weight has crept back up. But now that I've realized that I do NOT want the weight back I got a fill and am back on track with losing!! The band is meant to be a tool, but you do have to "work" it by keeping the amount of restriction that works for you. You can certainly "cheat" it by poking things in your mouth that 'slide" right thru, and most of us have...but, that is just sabotaging our goal to be healthy! I am betting that if you go to your doc and get a fill...you will begin to see some results!! Please keep us posted, and Good Luck!!

Keep getting your fills. That's great you have an appointment. I disagree with Dave, that the band works right away. If you don't have restriction it's not going to be helpfull. I hope the next fill does it for you. In the meantime I would focus on eating the right foods (high protien, low carb, low fat) and get some excersise. Hope this helps!

Sorry if my comment wasn't clear. What I meant about the band working right away was that OP has been banded FOUR MONTHS, and she should have expected to lose more than a pound and a half. In my first four months banded, I lost quite a lot of weight. True, I was eating right and working out and getting fills once a month working toward restriction, but I did lose a lot in those first four months. But there is no reason to expect to NOT lose in the first months after surgery.

As we all know, banding is a personal journey, so everyone has a different experience. I wish OP nothing but success, and still recommend she sees her doctor to figure out what's going on. :)

Dave

You are not alone-- I just don't think you're hearing from the people in your boat in this thread. I remember a thread in this forum from a couple weeks ago from a bandster who is 8 months in and just starting to see some results.

It is very frustrating, I'm sure! This is the time to see your doctor frequently to figure out what to do. Unfortunately, during the losing stage it sort of IS a diet-- because you are trying to consume fewer calories than you burn. Don't give up yet!