Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I am 4 days Post-Op and having so many second thoughts! First, I am disgusted that I went into the hospital at 251 and 4 days later I am 253. I am starving and can't stop thinking about food. I know that the Lap Band is a tool and a majority of the work will be up to me and I am prepared. But it's discouraging that the scale is never in my favor - even now! I hear about people being able to walk around and even go back to work after a few days; I am aching and sore and can't imagine having to go back to work. WHy is ist that my experience is such a disaster????? UGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gained 10 pounds in Fluid in the hospital and didn't lose it for almost a week after surgery. Don't beat yourself up.

It will get better. I was up and around two days after surgery, but everyone is different. I had surgery on a Friday morning and on Saturday when my husband was eating dinner I was so hungry. As far as your weight, it will go down you probably have a lot of swelling. I don't think my weigh went down until my one week post op appointment.

i felt horrible for about 2 weeks and kept thinking i had made a huge mistake. but i kept coming to this site and getting reassurance and it really helped. it's been a little over a month and i'm SO happy i did it. give it some time and things WILL get better.

I think all bandsters go through a period of regret, thinking "Oh my god, I'm starving. I'll never be able to enjoy food again. What have I done to myself?" I know I did. It passes, I promise you.

As for the weight gain, it's probably some Fluid retention from the IV. My fiance told me I had "pudgy fingers" when I came home from the hospital and I couldn't get my engagement ring on. That went away after a couple days. Don't focus so much on weight loss right now, worry more about healing from the surgery. I was in pain from the gas and had a gigantic bruise from the blood thinners that reduced my mobility for almost a week. Everyone recovers differently, so don't sweat it if you're not up and doing yardwork 4 days post op. You'll feel better in time. Good luck!

Hang in! I was banded on 4/20 so I'm still sitting around in my pj's thinking...how much longer? :) I've had terrible gas pains so I guess we all have our own symptoms. From what I've been told...its like having a baby...right after you are like what the heck did I do? that was crazy...but then later you forget the painful parts and just find joy in living your new life (baby or band!)

Email if you'd like..I need a lapband buddy!!

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Don't worry about the weight thing, people gain after surgery because of all the liquids and gas and such. The hungry part does suck BUT you'll hopefully be over that feeling soon enough as well. I don't even remember the pain or soreness I was in after surgery and I'm only less than 6 weeks out. Good luck with everything and keep your chin up!

I am right in the same boat with you! I was banded yesterday and I got on the scale this morning and I was up from 255 to now 258, I hungry too. I even ate a bowl of Soup when I got home from the hospital last night. I know it is discouraging, but it will pay off in the long run. That is what I keep telling myself! Were in this together! Good luck and keep me updated!

I found drinking Water helps with the hunger. Also sometime I am really head hungry and not body hungry, if you know what I mean. My water weight stayed for 4 or 5 days. Popsicles help a lot sort give you the sense of eat, sugar free of course, sugar free Jello helps too.

I am right in the same boat with you! I was banded yesterday and I got on the scale this morning and I was up from 255 to now 258, I hungry too. I even ate a bowl of Soup when I got home from the hospital last night. I know it is discouraging, but it will pay off in the long run. That is what I keep telling myself! Were in this together! Good luck and keep me updated!

Congratulations, I was banded 23 March 2011. It will get better. The key is P.M.A.(Positive Mental Attitude). It is new and the mind and body have to adjust. You are more than a conqueror. You will make it!

I was banded last august and i just didn't think i was going to hurt. I had cover for my 2 young children for a couple of days but 2 weeks later my mum had moved in and i was still so sore much worse than having a baby.

I am still in my post op pain everyday and i think it was a big mistake to have one put in. But i have read other replys and it has given me hope that i didnt make a mistake and 3 stone down the road i should be grateful i have had the chance to change my life for myself and my wonerful children.

Good Luck keep going who knows i am sure i was just unlucky and you will beyour desired weight soon.

God how depressing do i sound but i feel so alone i dont know anyone who hasbeen through this. It is so taboo in the uk still.

Hi Everyone,

I am 4 days Post-Op and having so many second thoughts! First, I am disgusted that I went into the hospital at 251 and 4 days later I am 253. I am starving and can't stop thinking about food. I know that the Lap Band is a tool and a majority of the work will be up to me and I am prepared. But it's discouraging that the scale is never in my favor - even now! I hear about people being able to walk around and even go back to work after a few days; I am aching and sore and can't imagine having to go back to work. WHy is ist that my experience is such a disaster????? UGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way. I am in the same boat. You have gotten lots of good replies so Im going to keep following your blog.

good luck

Wow!

Thanks so much for your response - it really encouraged me to hang in there and to know that I am not alone I guess this is a process that I am just beginning. Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm four days post op and feeling the same way, I am starving. I kinda even feel like I'm cheating because I am eating little things here and there but the filling/pain in the middle of your chest makes you immediately regret trying little things like strawberries of Soup that hasn't been strained. I have regretted having the surgery already at the four day mark which is why I turned to the web for a little glimpse of hope. I hate to see you feeling down about everything but I'm also glad I am not alone it what I'm feeling. I physically feel fine ... my body is healing well on the outside. Around my port area feels weird and a little painfully at time but I've even been able to walk my neighborhood and the mall on Friday. I vomited about an once yesterday as well which really had me concerned. My major focus is slowing down the eating process. I wish you well in your journey.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for starting this topic... We are in the exact same place. It really helped to read all your answers.

Let's hang in there!!