Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow's the Big Day

sophinator
Sign in to follow this  

I go in at 9:30 and have surgery at 11:30. All the questions they ask freak me out...trying not to think about it! Anyone else's dr. tell them they could have a light dinner the night before? I don't know if it's because I am going in so late or what...but it was nice to have a last solid meal as I'be been on liquids for 2 weeks. Anyhow...will catch you all on the other side. Prayers welcome!!! :huh:

Hey sophinator--no worries, you will do great. Yes, my dr gave me the okay to have a light dinner the night before, just nothing by mouth after midnight.

The last few days of the first week are hardest, at least, to me, so if you need support, come here to get it!! We can help talk you down from the cliff. :D

I just had my first post-op dr visit and all that liquid is WORTH IT when you get on the scale! I promise!!

Hey Sophinator,

I was very nauseas the first 36 hours. While in the hospital I was given a lot of anti nausea meds in my IV. I forget the first one but the second one was reglan (sp?) and that one seemed to work.

Since I've been home I have not had any nausea. HOWEVER, I had a lot of other crazy issues.

I'm 17 days post op and I'm still having issues here and there. I am constipated, gassy, have a side cramp (similiar to a stitch you get when running) and an achy leg. All of this is still tolerable and I'm not taking any pain meds. I chew gas x but don't think it helps. I''m also taking a plethora of anti Constipation meds (including Miralax, senokot, cholase, etc.) I guess once I start eating more things will get better in that dept?

I would call your doc and speak to the nurse about something for anti nausea.

This surgery is not for sissies!! (and I'm thinking we are all tough cookies!)

Hugs :)

Wow I guess I am all alone on here :(

Thanks for your reply justplaintired. I am feeling much better today. For the first 3 days I was so sick I just drifted in and out of sleep and felt horrible. When I came out of surgery I had what I think was an anxiety attack ...just couldn't catch my breath...they gave me adavan which I don't think helped the situation much. The pain medication they were giving me was morphine so I am wondering if that was also part of the problem...who knows?? Sounds like you are still having issues...I hope they get better soon! I am hoping to go back to work on Wednesday....we'll see how that goes.:blink: I am not sure what I will feel when I am full so I am afraid to eat very much at a time (mind you I'm still on clear liquids) This is all such a work in progress...I guess we will all just figure it out as we go :)

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

sophinator,

how are you doing today? i'm with you...the first three days SUCKED, imho! lol day four was like a whole new day and each day gets better as we go along.

this is the 5th surgery i ever had and i felt worse with this one than three of the others! lol go figure! i didn't expect it. but at least the worst of it ends after three days. :rolleyes:

i can't wait to get the fill on the 22nd. i'm hungry but controlling myself. that means i feel like i'm starving myself. i feel so nervous about my cruise because i fear a food binge if i'm not restricted enough.

we will all make it through this together. :D

Thanks for your reply justplaintired. I am feeling much better today. For the first 3 days I was so sick I just drifted in and out of sleep and felt horrible. When I came out of surgery I had what I think was an anxiety attack ...just couldn't catch my breath...they gave me adavan which I don't think helped the situation much. The pain medication they were giving me was morphine so I am wondering if that was also part of the problem...who knows?? Sounds like you are still having issues...I hope they get better soon! I am hoping to go back to work on Wednesday....we'll see how that goes.:blink: I am not sure what I will feel when I am full so I am afraid to eat very much at a time (mind you I'm still on clear liquids) This is all such a work in progress...I guess we will all just figure it out as we go :)

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

:D

sophinator,

how are you doing today? i'm with you...the first three days SUCKED, imho! lol day four was like a whole new day and each day gets better as we go along.

this is the 5th surgery i ever had and i felt worse with this one than three of the others! lol go figure! i didn't expect it. but at least the worst of it ends after three days. :rolleyes:

i can't wait to get the fill on the 22nd. i'm hungry but controlling myself. that means i feel like i'm starving myself. i feel so nervous about my cruise because i fear a food binge if i'm not restricted enough.

we will all make it through this together. :D

Justplaintired I'm doing better today...tried to go to work yesterday...bad decision!! I took today off again and what a difference! I'm hoping to make it through work tomorrow!

This is my 4th surgery and I agree I felt worse with this one also...am surprised at how bad I've felt as I've really never had a problem before. I have just felt so weak and shaky. My husband has been soo good taking care of the kids and running around for me, I actually felt well enough to make dinner tonight and clean up so that is definitely progress!!

I don't even see my dr. until the 17th and have no idea when I will have a fill. Just started creamy Soups today...best dinner I've had in weeks!:D Something other than sweet and boring broth.

I'm so jealous of your cruise! Where are you going? I love cruises! Just relax and enjoy it's not something you do everyday...or maybe it is I don't know :)

Did your dr. tell you how much you should be eating at a time? Mine never really said...I ate a lot of Soup tonight...I'm sure it just slides right through..will have to watch that I guess. I was just so happy to eat something that had some flavor.

You're right...we will make it...we'll just have to take it one day at a time :)