Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

at home aerobics VS the Gym "Please Help"

mandyMO
Sign in to follow this  

Ok I don't know why but I'm hoping this post will show up my others haven't! I've been succeeding on loosing the weight fast . I was banded the 29th of dec. And have lost 73lbs so far! I've done 45 min aerobics every day on top of stair steps and I walk when its nice outside my question is I've been thinking about joining a place in my town that is like curves ! I'm trying to firm things up and I didn't know if I was on the right track or if I should join the womens gym! Could somebody HELP?????

Hi,

This is my opinion only on Curves. I belonged to one for about a year when I was 30 lbs lighter. I went at least 4x a week. What I found was that the equipment didn't have the ability to add enough resistance to continue to help me. I need a gym where I can add weights, higher cardio to see a difference.

Good luck to you. I am only 7 days post op. I hope I can lose as much as you have.

Depends on the Gym. My wife and I belong to one that offers dozens of classes all times of the day. She takes advantage of a few.

After I drop 50lbs I'm going to sign up for beginners yoga.

Hi,

This is my opinion only on Curves. I belonged to one for about a year when I was 30 lbs lighter. I went at least 4x a week. What I found was that the equipment didn't have the ability to add enough resistance to continue to help me. I need a gym where I can add weights, higher cardio to see a difference.

Good luck to you. I am only 7 days post op. I hope I can lose as much as you have.

Thanks debbie! I wondered about that! Congrats on your weight loss how are you feeling? I've got a lot more to loose but I want to try to at least get as firmed up as I can because I know I'll probably have to have X skin took off but I would also try to avoid it to! Thank you so much!

Honestly, I have a suggestion that helped me more than anything at first:

- Find a gym partner who you can count on to go to the gym with you and make you push your limits.

I lost weight so much faster with someone to go with that it was kind of crazy. I felt SO good, too.

...Maybe someday I'll find that motivation again. lol.

Before you join a gym, see if a few in the area will let you come in for a free session to get a feel for each. I personally do not like working out in a gym. I just don't enjoy it & it was a waste way back when i had a membership. With this journey i considered joining again, but i knew that i'd go for a while & then slow down & finally not go. One, it's time i don't have to drive and get there, and two, i'm just not comfortable in that setting. Because we have the room and already had a treadmill & weight set for my son, i went to Dicks & bought an elliptical for myself. I put it on their charge with no interest for a year. That year membership has paid for the elliptical and i can get on it whenever i want with no waiting or sweat from the last person, listen to whatever music i want, etc. It works for me. We also have a wrestling mat and with that i just added a tv with a dvd player so i can do zumba at home. This means have all the benefits of the gym in my own place and best part, i have friends that call up & say "hey are you working out tonight? can i come over?" so the routine is always mixed up. Will that work for everyone?? No, but it's a thought to consider.

Before you join a gym, see if a few in the area will let you come in for a free session to get a feel for each. I personally do not like working out in a gym. I just don't enjoy it & it was a waste way back when i had a membership. With this journey i considered joining again, but i knew that i'd go for a while & then slow down & finally not go. One, it's time i don't have to drive and get there, and two, i'm just not comfortable in that setting. Because we have the room and already had a treadmill & weight set for my son, i went to Dicks & bought an elliptical for myself. I put it on their charge with no interest for a year. That year membership has paid for the elliptical and i can get on it whenever i want with no waiting or sweat from the last person, listen to whatever music i want, etc. It works for me. We also have a wrestling mat and with that i just added a tv with a dvd player so i can do zumba at home. This means have all the benefits of the gym in my own place and best part, i have friends that call up & say "hey are you working out tonight? can i come over?" so the routine is always mixed up. Will that work for everyone?? No, but it's a thought to consider.

I think your exactly right tami! Thank you so much and what's ridiculous is the fees its 30 a month only if they can have access to your checking account or 44 mth! Your right on the fees cause I think I'll do what you did! Thanks so much!

Thanks debbie! I wondered about that! Congrats on your weight loss how are you feeling? I've got a lot more to loose but I want to try to at least get as firmed up as I can because I know I'll probably have to have X skin took off but I would also try to avoid it to! Thank you so much!

I joined a fitness center called It Figures, which is like Curves, only we can adjust the tention of the machines. they also offer aerobic classes 2 times a week. I enjoy it. So check it out 1st before you join. Some times you can have a 5 day free trial before you join.