Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Zoloft Anyone?

I was just curious of anyone is on Zoloft here for depression/anxiety.

I was taking only taking Lexapro, but it seemed to stop working so we are weaning off the Lexapro (next week) once I get to a high enough dosage of Zoloft in my system to be effective.

Anyone else on Zoloft? Any drawbacks?

I'm on it - no problems now. At 1st I lost weight (whoo hoo) and had a major deacrease in sex drive but now that I've been on it awhile I have no side effects. I had bad anxiety and it cured me.

I was on Zoloft 4 years ago and had bad side effects, horrible thoughts, so bad I had to get off. I never want to take that stuff again. BUT !! My friend is on it and loves it. So go figure.

Hi,

I was on Zoloft for situational depression resulting from a medical issue that the doctors couldn't figure out which was causing a tremendous amount of physical pain. While I was on it, I felt absolutely mentally wonderful. The sky was more blue, the birds sang more clearly, any and all obsessive worry or anxiety was totally gone. Even my physical pain was better. The big drawback? I gained 45 pounds in three months! I have to be honest, it's one of the reasons I am now considering getting the band, because I never could get the weight off again once I quit Zoloft. It doesn't make everyone gain weight though; it just depends on individual body chemistry. I am currently on Wellbutrin, which does not cause weight gain and which works on your brain chemistry differently than an SSRI. I like it alot, but then again, I can't tell if I feel happy because of the Wellbutrin or because I finally found a doctor who correctly diagnosed and treated my medical issue LOL. Both SSRI's and Wellbutrin have value in my opinion. The only one I would warn against is Effexor, which causes horrible, horrible withdrawl symptoms according to research I did online and anecdotal evidence from a few friends. Best of luck to you!

The only one I would warn against is Effexor, which causes horrible, horrible withdrawl symptoms according to research I did online and anecdotal evidence from a few friends

I also know that Paxil isn't too much fun to come off of. A friend of mine was on it and it's not fun.

I am on Celexa (and thing I have tried each and every other one). The Prozac was the worse. I wanted to kill something...anything. It was horrible and a mind bending experience. The Celexa is wonderful. As someone said the sky is bluer, everything is clearer, and I make much better decisions for myself. There is absolutely no magic pill to make depression better if you truly have had grief in your life, but it does help you to cope with it much better. For me this was the answer, and it took about 10 years of trying lots of other drugs before it ever came to me. Now, I can't imagine being on anything else.

I di great on Prozac but after a couple of years they had to increase my dosage and then it made me twitch, so now I'm on Lexapro and Wellbutrin. My son is Type I diabetic and had severe clinical depression several years ago, but they wouldn't try Zoloft because they said one of the side effects is weight gain. Everyone is so different and the way the different meds work is so different depending on our body chemistry, etc.

Hope the Zoloft works well for you!

Emily

I am on Effexor from depression which started from having a stillborn son. I have tried several times at getting off but I literally think it is goin got be impossible. It has worked wonders for me though, even though I have had weight gain from it and troubles getting off I would do it again for how much it improved me.

Carrie,

I am on zoloft, I haven't had any problems. I was on ;exapro and wellbutrin, and it made me soooo tired I couldn't function no matter when I took it. So far the zoloft has been better. But as I read in an earlier post if the situation your in is always bad no pill is gonna fix it. I think that is my problem most of the time, but God is working on my DH so I have hope for the future. And pray to join the banded in 2006.....Merry Christmas ya'll.....

i took zoloft once about 6 years ago. it was not for depression. i was on phen phen (i loved that stuff), when it was pulled from the market. my doc suggested zoloft, he said it helped other patients lose.

i took one pill, and did not sleep for 2 days!!! lol isn't it funny how meds work differnently on everyone. i would not take it again!