Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing inches NOT pounds and ready to scream

I'm ready to beat my head against a brick wall.

I've only lost 7 pounds since the beginning of June 2010. Basically, I've lost nothing since mid July - present. I have gone down in size from 14 to 10 jeans during this time; which leads me to believe I'm losing inches.

As mentioned in previous posts, I'm a scale whore and really want to see the damn scale move. I only want these last 15-20 pounds gone.

Yes, I've changed my eating, increased excercise - I see the folks at my gym more than I see my family; still the scale isn't budging.

Any words of advise, wisdom...?

Congratulations on your success thus far! I hear those last 10-20 lbs can be difficult (I wouldn't know ... I am still trying to lose the first 100 LOL). I don't know if you've done all these things already, but take a look at this link ... it's short and to the point.

Losing that Last 20 Pounds

Hope it helps.

~F

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but it could be that you are at a weight your body likes. Have you ever taken a much smaller size than 10 for a long period of time as an adult? If not then I would learn to enjoy the size 10.

I have two sisters one has always been a 8/10 and the other about a 12. The one who is slightly larger has been a yoyo-er though to me a 12 is pretty thin. Last year she got down to a 4/6 but has gained back to a 12. She's disappointed and unhappy. I think she should embrace being a 12.

maybe you are all muscle muscle weighs more

I wish someone could tell me why clothes get looser, yet the scale of Doom refuses to move. Doesn't that just piss you off? I wish doctors would use something other than pounds as a goal if our bodies are going to do weird things like that. If mine said that I should be about a size 6 regardless of what the scale ends up saying, then I'd ditch the Scale of Doom and boogie my ass on down to Macy's and be a clothes whore rather than a scale whore.

Honestly, I don't know why you are so upset. Isn't the point to be smaller? If your loosing inches who cares what the damn scale says. It's about being smaller not lighter. I would try and stay off the scale if I were you, that way you won't be so frustrated.

I get it; understand I'm happy but that doesn't eliminate my frustration. My knees tell me that I need more pounds off as they hurt like hell still from carrying too much weight. Granted not as bad as before but the pain is still there.

Phran - thanks for the link, the page had some very useful info.

honk - you could be right

Mdhannant - absolutely love the term " scale of Doom". I also wish the docs would use something else to gauge us by other than pounds. If it were up to my surgeon, I'd be 125lbs before he'd be satisfied. I'm a little more realistic and think that 145-150 would look best on me. At 125 I'd look sick.

I'll continue crossing my fingers and working my ass off at the gym to get these last pounds off and give my knees some relief...

Wishing you all continued success.

You know what frustrated me so much is that there is that horrible height/weight chart that insurance companies first stared years ago and we are all supposed to fit into the weight range based on height.I'm 5'5 and I should be 125-145. How the hell am I to know what I really will be able to get down to and maintain. I think instead there should be an ass jiggle chart. If you ass jiggles like a 6.7 earthquake then your ass is fat. If it jiggles like a little 4.0 trembler, your getting better. If it moves like corpse, then your ass is just perfect and you are at an ideal weight.

I think instead there should be an ass jiggle chart. If you ass jiggles like a 6.7 earthquake then your ass is fat. If it jiggles like a little 4.0 trembler, your getting better. If it moves like corpse, then your ass is just perfect and you are at an ideal weight.

HA HA HA HA TOO FUNNY!!! :)

I think you have done very well. I have only been banded since August 26th so I am a newbie. I started taking carnitine 250 mg. once a day about a month after surgery. My surgeon said it was fine to take. I have been happy with my weight loss and do not know if this supplement is helping or not. I do get around 100 gms. protein/day and my calories are a little too low I think at around 1,000/day. good luck:redface:

I think instead there should be an ass jiggle chart. If you ass jiggles like a 6.7 earthquake then your ass is fat. If it jiggles like a little 4.0 trembler, your getting better. If it moves like corpse, then your ass is just perfect and you are at an ideal weight.

ROFLMAO!!! You are so right! My scale hasn't budged in a long time...in fact it is going up and down...but my husband commented that my belly and butt no longer 'jiggle'. The muscle underneath is tighter and the fat more 'compact'.

Thanks for my morning laugh. Think I'll stop with this post and go off for my morning walk.

I'm working on the last bit of weight, too--around 10 pounds from a normal BMI, and the going's slow.

I, too, am losing inches--but the scale is far less cooperative.

Are you more active than you were earlier in your weight loss? I ask, because you may be losing fat. The scale won't register that loss if you're displacing it with muscle tissue.

The muscle is a great addition; it's metabolically active (fat is not), and will help you when you actually want to maintain.

You know what frustrated me so much is that there is that horrible height/weight chart that insurance companies first stared years ago and we are all supposed to fit into the weight range based on height.I'm 5'5 and I should be 125-145. How the hell am I to know what I really will be able to get down to and maintain. I think instead there should be an ass jiggle chart. If you ass jiggles like a 6.7 earthquake then your ass is fat. If it jiggles like a little 4.0 trembler, your getting better. If it moves like corpse, then your ass is just perfect and you are at an ideal weight.

Too funny:lol:

Okay, so what happens when you didn't have much ass to begin with and it's now flat as a pancake - no jiggle, tremble :wink2:...?

I'm working on the last bit of weight, too--around 10 pounds from a normal BMI, and the going's slow.

I, too, am losing inches--but the scale is far less cooperative.

Are you more active than you were earlier in your weight loss? I ask, because you may be losing fat. The scale won't register that loss if you're displacing it with muscle tissue.

The muscle is a great addition; it's metabolically active (fat is not), and will help you when you actually want to maintain.

Thanks Betsy, I have been more active. For the past 3 months I've added additional weight and cardio training and have added a boxing classes 2 mornings a week along with swimming 2 evenings a week. I'm at the gym 5 days per week and go twice on Tuesdays 6-7:00a boxing and 8-9p swimming. I increased and changed my exercise regime in order to break through the darn plateau. As a result, I went from losing nothing (inches nor pounds); now I'm losing inches. I hope to turn the corner soon and see pounds drop too. Okay, perhaps I'm being greedy...