Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you have Lipo w/ TT?

Just found out that insurance will pay for either Panni or TT - no brainer, I'm going for the TT. However, the PS says that I'd get better results with some Lipo; he also said that more time in the gym will provide the same results.

Please let me know if you had Lipo w/ your TT? Either way, were you happy with the results?

Thanks!

Hi:

My surgeon did a little bit of Lipo and I'm glad she did. I am very happy with the results.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

Mine didn't do Lipo and I have no waist line...I am square, rectangular really. I paid for a TT and got a panniculectomy.....as you can imagine, I am not thrilled with the PS!!

Mimi

I did not have lip in my TT - I am VERY happy with my results :-)

1 month Post-Op =

s216767280.jpg

Thanks so much for your responses.

SueMagoo - I'm also thinking perhaps a little Lipo, I'll see if the budget will stretch enough to cover the cost.

Mimilou - The PS told me that I wouldn't have any definition without lipo, no waist... however, he told me that spending lots of time in the gym will remedy this. I'm into instant gratification and really want to see a little definition. If the budget doesn't permit, and I find myself not getting the desired results at the gym, I'll go back for the lipo.

SueHam - you look great! Perhaps there's hope. Did you have some definition before you had your TT? I wonder if the verticle incision aided in defining your waist? Also wondering if the little definition I have will translate after the TT?

My goal is to get this done during Christmas break and am doing my best to shed another 10-15 pounds before then.

Seems the harder I exercise the less weight I loose.

Quick question ladies... I'm taking off work for 2-weeks and was wondering is this enough time to recoperate? The PS says that 2-weeks is enough. However, you'd know best since you've been there already.

Again, thanks!!!

The vertical incision is the only way to get rid of the skin that is out to the sides - No amount of being in the gym will work off skin....

I was told that after 3 weeks I would be able to walk my daughter to school (Which is not far at all from me) But as I didn't have the muscles done because of the hernia mesh I have inside of me - I had no pain at all and was fine once I was able to stand upright (It's tight at first for about the first week)

My before pic..... (Censored bit cos I hold my pics on a different site lol)

z213942207.jpg

s210426130.jpg

I took a pic today just now - I am at 6 weeks 3 days - I noticed I still swell up when I have no compression garment on and my belly feels weird - Swelling is supposed to stop at about 6 weeks - But I measured my waist and was about half an inch bigger than normal.... So... I will pop back and see my Doc and ask him about it... Pic of 9am Sunday... At 6 Weeks 3 Days Post op...

z217026256.jpg

Edited by SueHam

Hi:

I had a full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair. I wouldn't have been able to return to work in two weeks because the surgery zapped the energy out of me. If you have a sit down easy job, you'll probably manage, but you'll probably be wiped out every day for a while. If you have a physical job you'll be struggling. Remember, you're going to have lifting restrictions. The compression garments help with the swelling.

Best wishes. Please keep us posted.

Sue

Thanks!!! I'm going to see another PS Tuesday to see what she says about realistic outcome wTT only, then go from there.

By the way, I have a desk job and pretty much sit on my butt all day researching. The PS says that it won't be as bad as the hysterectomy I had, which really did me in - absolutely no energy even after 8-weeks home.

The plan is to spend more time in the gym for the next 2 months or so, get more weight off (perhaps meet my goal) focus on strenghening my core. I'm currently at the gym 4-5 days a week (swimming 2-3 days and circuit training the other days)

Ladies, you've given me LOTS to think about. I appreciate your sharing and will let you know what the next PS says.

Wishing you continued success.

Cherish

I am scheduled to have a Tummy Tuck, Lipo and breast lift in less than 2 weeks. I can't tell you how it will be after the surgery yet but will keep everyone posted on my blog (link below). My tummy tuck won't be as extreme as other as I am only having a hip to hip incision and my muscles won't be touched.

I have had lipo before and it was easy a pie. Hopefully the tummy tuck won't be too hard either.

I will try to post on here again after my surgery.

Thanks for your response. Please keep me posted. I'll make certain to look on your blog. Wishing great success and speedy recovery:smile2:

Did you who have had PS and or Lipo lose a significant amount of weight from the skin and fat removed??

Hi:

I think that I had 7 pounds total removed between tt and Lipo.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

I had the Lipo with TT in order to avoid dog ears at the end of incision. I am going back to work on Thursday and have taken a little over 3 weeks off mostly due to the drains being in until today. I would not recommend going back to work until your drains are removed because of the possibility of infection. The total amount of skin removed was 9 lbs. :smile:

Thanks for your replies! Ok, so there was a certain amount removed but how did that translate to a loss on the scale once the swelling etc. went down? Thanks, thanks, thanks...

Though it might make sense that removing 6 or 9 or __lbs of skin or fat ( from lipo) would result in a change in the scale it is not however always true. I have had over 15 pounds of fat removed by Lipo but I didn't lose 15 pounds on the scale. My doc always warns me to not be disappointed when my scale doesn't change much.