Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone had surgery through Obesity Control Center

alright now, I'm in the Marirott, have to be in the lobby at 7 am, finding the driver was easy, he is very nice, and crossing the border into Mexico was very easy, no id necessary. just a little look in the van.

more tomorrow

Awesome!! Let us know how you are doing! Good luck :-)

so the way the staying thing works, is they like you to stay here so they can keep a close eye on you. but if by 4 you request it, and the doc feels eveything, is good you can go to the maiott.the main reason to that innstead of staying here is if you guest is here, they will have to go back, here at the OCC the hone is free for calls to us and canada, and there is free wifi plus computers set up if you don't have laptop, and the tv here has moe english seaking programs, there are some in the maiott and you can rent a movie there. this tv has som sort of device that I wr if you could briondeng a movie with you

my procedure went well, very fast, i feel a little tight but wlking helps. everyone is very professional.

going alone is fine, and I think at times there are more people, Ive met another gal from cali

well time to walk

more later

Lisa.... Thank you again for the update! So, just out of curiosity, did you get to choose or have any input on the band that he put on you? I have a preference, just from some things I have read, but I would assume that Dr. Ortiz decides once he gets in there. So, what time was your actual surgery? I guess I am wondering if my husband should go with me at 7 a.m. or just wait until a little later and come up to the OCC a little later in the day. I guess I am starting to get a little nervous with all the questions, huh? :-)

Very happy to hear you are doing so well so soon after your procedure.

I didn't discuss which band, he says he uses different ones I think one kind for the extrememly overweight. I don't know. I just left it up to him, he is available to talk to and I even emailed him a question that he replied to. there is also a section in the OCC forum about what bands he uses, I thiink it's in the lap band section, usually one to the first choices.

there is a patio for your husband, and a tv in the waiting room but it shows programs like oprah going to the clinic etc. it is quite fast really, there were only two of us, I went first, - we left the hotel at 7 am, and I was awake by noon. if you decide to go back to the Marriott, and the doctor agrees you that happens at 4 and thats when your husband can get a ride back.

I'd say the meds you get are better there, I guess if you went back that night theyd give you extra. the hotel is also preped with broth and popsicles and juice if you say you are an OCC patient.

today has been boring, a lot of walking, and reading and tv, I'm ready to go home. I think many go shopping downtown and if someone was here with me I probably would but I'm just internetting and walking.

Lisa,

You have truly had a ton of information for me..... thank you so much! I figured you would be heading home in the morning. Only 2 of you huh? I hope there are only a few of us on Friday morning too. Thank you so much for your wealth of information. Hopefully you will find something to do and not be so bored. :-) Good luck to you, and many thanks! Angie

Hello LisaA,

Congrats on your surgery. I went alone also and it was a great experience. I am headed back to OCC on the 14th for my 1st fill. Nervous but ready to get some restriction.

Christi

Hey there freshstart, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. You must be off the liquids now. Congrats to you too, don't be nervous about the fill. you've done the hard part.

ok i'm here at the airport, and i had a thought to share with anyone thinking of coming alone. it is fine, they take great care of you. i'm glad i had a net book so i could easily get on the internet. but the big thing is pack lite. i have a back pack (like a school bag) and a small suit case. on the way here i felt i had packed very lite. but now i,m wishing i could ditch one of the bags. i'm not really all that sore just tired, and really i probably shouldn't be picking stuff up. i'm fantasizing that if i had just brought clothes i didn't care about and just left them behind, with my toiletries etc. lol. one bags thats what i wish i had- i probably should have paid the 20 to check my suitcase, duh.