Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushies Today

Yea....I got to eat a muchie today.

2 oz of small curd cottage cheese

1 oz of baby food peaches.

I'm not sure that I will get it all down.

Was anyone else afraid to eat ? I am okay with the liquidy stuff. I sure don't want to spew after only 12 days.

I'm not there yet, but I'd take it slooooowly. I survived quite well for a week after I had all 4 wisdom teeth out on pureed fruit, low fat custard and yogurt and blended family meals.

At present I"m having a bit of a cookup like I did when my babies were just starting solids. A pot of lamb shanks, pumpkin, some green vegies, simmer it all up in stock and then puree it, freeze in half cup portions.

I think it's important not to just eat yogurt, cottage cheese and fruit - you need your vegies and you need some decent Protein. But you can puree very very smooth like you do for a baby, and gradually make the mix lumpier over the 2 weeks or so you're on mushies.

When you are on mushies, your fluids are still a priority. It is sometimes difficult to get the fluids in when you are eating solids so plan accordingly. 30 minutes before you eat and 1 hour after is a great rule to follow. Keep up the great work. Don't forget about sugar free popsicles.

I was scared to eat mushies when I first started them. But the urge to have something solid in my mouth overcame the fear. The first things I ate were whipped mashed potatoes and cottage cheese. As I ate I noticed a pressure in my chest and realized that my stomach was telling me that I was full. I went a little overboard but the most that I got was a little achey. If you take it easy,listen to what your body is telling you. And believe me it will give you a warning, You should be just fine. Next week I'm going to be starting solid foods and that frightens me a little, but I know if I eat just a little at a time I will adjust to it. You will be fine. All of us experience alittle fear now and then.

I think most of were afraid to eat the soft foods. I purchased a babyfood maker at Walmart for about $15.00. I would puree soft things like mac and cheese, fat free hot dogs and ketchup ( I know it sounds gross but it tastes the same) you can puree just about anything. Once you get used to tasting real food and how to control your band instead of visa versa it does get easier infact wait until it gets too easy. Also try mixing your Protein Shakes with the processor and ice it makes it into a shake. Good luck before long you will be on solids. However, there will always be that little voice in your head that asks can I keep that down and should I be eating it.

i started on mushies yesterday

i had mashed potato and pumpkin

i was the same as u , a little scared wondering what would happen

mine all went down fine and i hope it stays this way

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches