Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

researched Tummy tuck!

{ I must be blunt: First of all, I do not support the idea of flying across the world to India for elective surgery. It is neither feasible, nor advisable. This is not the same as even flying to Mexico where there are quick daily flights from most major cities in the US. India is literally a world away - and I guess I'm just finding these spammy posts for Indian surgery to be repetitive. JMHO.}

To The Original Poster:

1. You mentioned being 13# from your goal weight. That's within a reasonable range to consider an Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck (TT).

Now is the time to start researching, consulting, making appointments, etc. I just had my TT in December within 18# of my goal weight (and I'm still 16# from goal, LOL) and both my WLS doc and my Plastic Surgeon thought that was within a workable range of my goal - to have get a TT.

But just to reiterate what other posters have responded, you will NOT lose weight from a Tummy Tuck. Neither Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Surgeries nor liposuction are going to generally result in any weight loss.

You might lose clothes sizes (sometimes the sizes don't change either) or not, but you will definitely see a difference in how your clothes fit. But not only will you not usually lose weight, but initially you may well see temporary gain on the scale while your body heals from this complex surgery. It's common to initially gain pounds from Fluid retention and swelling from the procedure. Most patients do not lose weight overall.

2. Now you mentioned possible options for paying for the Tuck. I also believe that you will probably not save overall in having your surgery abroad unless you are in an area with limited plastic surgery surgeons and facilities. Most of my friends who succeeded best with surgery abroad were Flight Attendants, Airline employees or others who were reasonably certain they could have quick, easy access to their surgeons if need be.

I think another option is to consider whether your excess skin or other abdominal/medical issues might lead you to have your surgery paid for in total or partially by insurance. Hernias, Excess Skin, Large Amounts of Weight Loss and other conditions can be reasons for insurance to approve reconstructive [ notice I didn't say Cosmetic :rolleyes ] surgery.

I worked at an insurance company to learn all I could about approvals, coverage and claims and I write about the process in my blog all the time.

(Hopefully I can use this knowledge against the insurance company in the future - it's a fascinating but sometimes frustrating process, really.)

So people ask me a lot about whether they can get insurance approval for Abdominoplasty, panniculectomy, or Lower Body Lift surgeries. With some good research and documentation, these surgeries can be covered.

As I get asked about it a lot, I put in a page on my blog about some ideas and suggestions for getting the insurance company to pay for these surgeries.

Maybe you'll get an idea or two (this is just a page on my personal blog)

The link is: http://www.newsho.zoomshare.com/2.html

Hope this helps!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches