Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June Bandsters?

I'm getting banded on June 21st.

Wondering if there are any other June bandsters here in the mens room?

Yep, I was banded yesterday. Not feeling to bad, just dealing withthe gas pains. Thank god for GasX strips.

Im due to have mine June 14th

Getting banded on the 18th

I'm getting banded on the 17th, am I prepared,...I think not. Two shakes a day and then overeat for dinner, not enought exercise...I get banded then fly out of the country 3 days later. Oh well, good luck all!!

I GOT BANDED ON JUNE 2ND:thumbup:

I was banded on the 9th and am actually feeling pretty good. No gas pains, just alot of rumbling. I got the Realize Band. It is hard getting used to the liquid diet as I did not have a pre-op diet.

Chuck

I was banded on the 14th, I was mostly nervous about going under Anesthesia but it was a Breeze. Recovery really hasn't been Bad and I am not really Hungry.

My midsection is stiff and swollen, but my incision sites are without pain so far. Went back to work yesterday which is the 3rd morning after surgery, should have waited another day. I was Zonked.

I have had a few non-hunger related cravings. The smell of broth could make me queasy at this point.

weight.png

I got banded the 17th. He stitched up a (sp) hilatel hernia, threw on large band with 5 mils of Fluid. No gas pains, but I start feeling lousy out running my wife around town, but the liquid pain medicine hydrocordone works wonders and within an hour I'm fine. day 2 of fluids only, and I've had broth, protien drinks, Water, and Jello. No probemo's. Best wishes all!

I think I might have felt better on day 2 than I did on day 4, or maybe I just over did it. Do you get to eat real Jello? Like the solid stuff? I am on only Clear liquids and I am sick of Crystal Light, sugar free fruit juice and the smell of chicken or Beef broth makes me Queasy at this point, since I have had so much.

On Sunday I will progress to "Full" liquids like V8, Tomato Soup, cream of mushroom with out the chunks. I'm really no that hungry and my scale says I have lost 17 pounds since the beginning of my preop diet. My abdomen is still swollen and I am having a hard time seeing the loss in the mirror.

weight.png

Edited by ThorEdson
Wrong Code

yea that surgar free Jello (premade) is something I was told I could have, and no problems so far. I just chew it up real well.

Hi all,

I got banded June 8th, I've had 2 weeks off work and am more than ready to get back, daytime television really sucks. I only had a few days of discomfort after the op with no complications so far.

I started at 410 lbs and now at 384. Lots to go but I'm feeling really confident about getting through it. I work in an office sitting on my butt all day so I'm gonna have to get exercising real soon. It is winter down here at the moment so early morning walks dont look too tempting.

Good luck to everyone who has taken this step to better health.

Jase