Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what are you eating ??

Hi . I just had my first fill Nov 7th . I can feel the restriction and I am just wondering what some of you eat in a days time . I know I am not eating nothing like I did but some days I feel like I have eaten to much ? I ask my hubby " do you think I ate alot ?" and he says no but I think he is afraid to say yes . I am just wondering what is in the day of a bandster am I normal or am I eating to much or am I just paranoid . I know I should eat slower but that is hard , I am trying tho . Thanks for any help .

All of my days vary. Like today, I had a 1/2 house salad and Soup for lunch, then a large salad with tuna for dinner and that was my food for today. But, yesterday, I had a large chicken salad at Cracker Barrell, then some soy chips for munching, then large salad for dinner. Every now and then I'll do a Zone bar for Breakfast, but not often, breakfast is so hard to start doing.

FLU..the deadly flu, for which I had my shot as soon as it came out. I have been so sick for the last week or so that I saw my dr. today and found out I was down 10 lbs. No way to live, being too sick to eat. I've been living on chicken noodle Soup and Water, and too sick to be hungry. Now if the rest of my life could be like that (the not being hungry bit) I wouldn't need this surgery would I. I just thought I would interject a touch of humor in your post Jack....because I'm bored and getting better since getting a breathing treatment today. I'm so glad I'm not a smoker anymore, or I bet this could have been much worse. I had to plead to stay out of the hospital because I have my dog at home and no one to watch him on a moment's notice.

Anyway...eating soup and happy for the time being.

Hope you can all enjoy turkey day!!

For me, a typical Mon-Fri day includes:-

Breakfast - fruit smoothie with skinny milk and Protein Powder

lunch - 1/2 can tuna salad on two crackers with a bit of cheese

snack (if I'm hungry) - a handful of nuts

dinner - Some sort of meat (grilled chicken strip or two) and salad or veggies, usually. Last night I skipped the veggies (bad Jess!!) and just had some lamb curry - about 3/4 a cup of it probably

Then if I feel like dessert, I'll have a snack size thing of m&m's or a bit of dessert yougart.

You've just had your first fill though. Its still really early in the game. You're bound to be eating a bit more than someone who's at a good restriction level.

Some days I think I eat a lot too, but I weigh myself a few days later and I lose more weight if I feel like I eat a little more than when I think Im doing great. I do get worried sometimes, but I know that tomorrow is a new day and I can try harder. On a normal day I usually drink a slimfast, eat chinese food (only sauted), and then a little for dinner of whatever is cooked or if we go out to eat then I order something sensible. Since I have some trouble eating poultry breast, I order fish or some kind of grilled beef, or even a vegetarian dinner. Its all about what works for you.

Signs you have eaten TOO MUCH! Or just the wrong thing:

*You feel sick to your stomach

*Your next bite WONT go down (like a dull knife stabbing you between your breasts)

*You feel lathargic

*You feel bad for eating it

Here's a typical day for me...

Breakfast: 16 oz. Protein Shake

Lunch: small salad with turkey breast OR just plain turkey breast

Snack: sugar-free Jello pudding OR granola bar

Dinner: Taco Bell Pintos & cheese OR 1/2 sandwich with crab salad & american cheese on toasted 12-grain bread (I can never finish 1/2 of a sandwich though)

I'm averaging about 950-1000 calories per day with the following mix of fat, carbs and protein:

Fat: 32%

Carbs: 32%

Protein: 36%

My typical day, probably not so healthy, but it's what I do at least 4 days a week:

Breakfast: 1 packet low-sugar brown sugar/maple oatmeal (120)

Lunch: 1/2 Chargrilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a with light mayo (150)

snack: 100 calorie pack of Cheez-its (100)

Dinner: 3/4's of a lean cuisine meal (200)

On my school days twice a week I throw in a tall caramel mocha frappachino for good measure.

Wow I just added that up and realized that is only like 570 calories on non-frap days. I always figured it like I was eating everything whole and thought I was getting in at least 800 calories. I might have to throw in some extra Snacks in the day.

Oh my, i can eat so much compared to others. I feel restriction based on the food i eat not on how much i eat. It also varies from day to day. Some days I can eat en entire wendys salad for lunch but the other day I could only eat about 1/4 of it. I eat breakfast about 7:30 am and get starving at about 11am. Lunch at noon, starving at like 3:30. I have a healthy snack when I am starving like a cheese stick or a yogurt. It seems my hunger pains are so much stronger since I've had the surgery. I was so sad the other day to find that I can't eat oranges. The membrane around the sections of the orange was getting stuck. I think i will continue to eat them but not in public because i either have to peel off the membranes which makes me look like a freak or eat them and spit them out!

I have been thinking alot about this too lately...Am I eatting too much at one time?......I dont measure my food.. I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing....but I eat until I feel full and then I throw out or wrap up what ever is left over. Then again, thinking back to what I could eat pre banded days makes me sick~ I am typically not hungry...I stay full for hours...My restriction level is awesome....I get some things stuck, but my fault....I dont chew well, or I take HUGE bites of something. I work on that every day to make that better...that has ALWAYS been my downfall since getting this band...and I have done the toddler forks and stuff, but somehow....someway.....Old habits are hard to break I guess. Typically what I eat is

Breakfast: Yogurt and cup of coffee w/Equal and FF Amaretto Cream

Lunch: Sometimes a Protein Shake or left overs from dinner (meat and veggie)

Dinner: Sesame chicken with a veggie

I drink all day long....water or other sugar free liquid or coffee

I may snack on a second yogurt or some cheese and crackers or nuts or FF pudding..

Once in a very very very blue moon I may have some ice cream with my son

I am going to try and log everything I eat for a week....just because now I am curious. I haven't been very sucessful at doing this before only because I get busy and forget to write things down....but I am really gonna try cause I have been thinking alot, probably too much, about the possiblity of streaching out my pouch~~ Parinoid delusions more than likely.....

I feel exactly as you do - that maybe my pouch is stretched. I eat what I want and stop when i feel full. There have only been a few times that I have stopped because i have been so full that i felt sick. This is what i typically eat:

breakfast: two rice cakes with Peanut Butter and maybe a small glass of chocolate milk

snack: cheese stick

lunch: salad, lean cusine - mostly protien if i can

snack: orange, a few snack crackers

dinner: some sort of chicken, a small side dish

I am losing about 1-2 pounds a month, not a week. I can't get another fill since I feel restriction at every meal. I have been exercising about one month and do aerobics for about 60 minutes. I am not overly worried but wish I could speed up the weight loss a little

Im very fortunate that I am loosing about 1-1.5 pounds per week.....approx 4 pounds per month. I dont exercise much other than running after and keeping up with my son. I am planning on going back to Curves after I start working again, if I have the time and energy... :) I figure once I start work, that will help up the weight loss as I will be running around an office.....and getting on a schedule.