Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Huacuz and Andres in TJ

Subject.. Dr. Huacuz and Andres in Tj at the molding clinic...When my husband and I decided to get banded We called Andres at the molding clinic...I talked with a lady named Violet she said she was from New York and told us about the molding clinic...We then talked to Andres we did a little looking around and did not hear anything bad about the clinic...well anyway we arrived there and we were rushed around to have tests done etc. Then Andres took us out for drinks at his favorite bar...we were not told what we could eat etc. except to stop at 12:00 midnight...we were taken to a hotel and picked up in the morning Dr. Huacuz and Dr. Ramero and Andres and Violet were there the doctors were giving some instructions to us about the surgery etc.i went first, well anyway the operation was good i woke up fine and went to the other room 10 min after surgery to give my husband a kiss before his surgery...they took him in and i walked around a little bit ...my husband came out of surgery fine and he took a couple of hours for him to get up....: )...three hours after the operation we were taken to the hotel and left there with some juice ,jello ,water...a very few antibotics i don't think there were any pain pills or anything for nausia ...we had not tried to take anything by mouth yet ...but here we were left alone at this hotel...well my husband took sips of Water and crushed the antibiotics and took it down very well...i tryed to just take a sip not even a sip and my chest felt like someone had hit me with a hammer like i was having a heart attack not like i have ever had a heart attack ...but it hurt bad...i could not take any antibiotics or mt ,thyroid medicine, all i did was feel pain in my chest and vomit for four and a half days it was horrible ...i would have rather had a baby...instead of this ,,,,the doctor stoped by the hospital with Andres and Violet...he told me i would be okay and to stay out of the bathroom like i could help it...Hi....I did not want to feel this way ...I thought something was really wrong...basically ..Andres came to the hotel and gave me a couple of shots that did nothing ...We would try and call for help ..remember we could not speak spanish and we were abanonded at this hotel ...i went on like this for four and a half days ...i was never taken to a hospital back to the clinic...the moulding clinic...I was severly dehydrated and i had to call and beg for an iv or something , they brought a iv and hung it on a lamp post at the hotel...how ghetto was this...my husband wanted to take me to the hospital in San diego...i was very hot and dehydrated and was having a hard time breathing and i could not stop throwing up and the pain in my chest was horrible...i had to beg andres to come to the hotel ...maybe three times...well anyway i went on like this and finally andres came to the hotel 4 1/2 days later and took me to the moulding clinic where i had to have emergency surgery and i had to pay for it...wow!! $5500.00 more dollars i had to do it i thought i was going to die in mexico...i had to pay for the extra days at the hotel...etc etc. i really wanted this band to work...i was very dissapointed in Dr. huacus dr. Romero, and in Andres the paitent cordinatior ...they just abonded my husband and myself...frankly we were very scared , we had to call our son and have him fly out he was very upset to see a iv hanging from a lamp in the hotel...may i also ad tat my son works at a hospital in reno nv.We would not wish this experence on anyone when it all cmae down to it Andres and Dr. huacuz only wanted one thing money ...and they got it...i do want to be rebanded all of this happened in may of 2005 ..my husband had tryed to post what happened...and i wrote some posts also .everyone asked who was the doctor now after reading the other ladys experience i am not asshamed to say who they were any more...please be very careful,,,when choosing a doctor ...thankyou for reading this Sheri

Oh I am so very very sorry that you have had to go through all of this. What a terrible and miserable experience. Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us. Many will read it and be able to make a more informed decision thanks to your bravery.

it was a real mindblowing experience being out of the us. and all after the fourth day i told my wife something is gonna happen today. or we are heading to a hospital in San Diego in a rental car a cab or whatever. and it was pretty rough after not being able to relax one bit since the operation. i must admit it was a pretty scary situation.

I am sorry to hear of your experience. It seems that there are more than a few of us that have had issues with Dr. Huacuz and Andres Betancourt. It is such a shame that we pay for the band and then have to pay for the removal when it wasn't applied properly and then have to pay to be rebanded and they just get to keep the money and do not have to offer a refund or reband or anything. That really sucks. I guess that's the price you have to pay when you leave the US.

Thank you for sharing your story. Now I know there are at least 3 of us who have had horrible experiences with this doctor. I know that doctors are human and can make mistakes, but it seems this doctor makes them on a regular basis.It was bad enough that he screwed up the first time, but to charge you an extra $5500 to fix his mistake is awful. Just pure greed.All of your hard earned (or borrowed) money is just gone and nothing to show for it. And it isn't just the money, I have been depressed since this happened to me in July.Being obese is depressing enough, but to have the surgery and then have to have the band removed is devasting. My thoughts and prayers are with you.Hopefully someone who may be considering using this doctor will read your post and another casualty be avoided.

My partner was banded when andres was the patient coodinator for obesity goodbye. We liked him personally well enough, and he spent tons of time with us, but he did lie alot.

I think thats the problem with most of those doctors..they shedual so many surgeries that there is hardly enough time for them to be there. I was left in a room for 24 hours and I was debating calling my parents to come get me because I was told I couldnt leave and I was freaking out. My gilfriend was crying and such. We are two rather young girls left in Mexico alone and scared because neither of us spoke spanish either. Thankfully though the driver tony spent alot of time helping us.

Please, post your situation around mexican bandsters ect. Alot of people are being brought to that clinic unknowing there is soo much bad publicity about them. Warn people...