Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

infected bellybutton?

i dont have my bellybutton pierced.

i've been getting cramp like symptoms around my belly button since the last week of december, and the first week of january it started smelling really really bad (a deadly smell) and oozing puss/clear stuff and lots most of the time.

i heard you can get it from being overweight/obese and i only had this one time before, but it went away within a week, i dont know why its staying this long, i clean it so im confused, i cant go to the dr cause i dont have insurance or money out of the pocket, ugh! and im pretty sure this is why my whole belly and back areas have been achy/crampy lately ughh!

oh and about the baand, sometimes i get sharp pains on the right side of the band, why? does anybody else get that? i dont have any fills

thanks for any help!!

Oh sweetie. That sounds really bad. I have never heard of anyones bellybutton oozing puss because of being overweight. Puss means infection.

Go to the county hospital emergency room. This need to be looked at.:thumbup:

Erin,

I have a deep 'inny' bellybutton and even at 330 pounds I never had what you describe...and I don't clean my belly button other than to aim the shower attachment into it to make sure I get all the soap out that may have run into it.

Twice in the past I made the mistake of taking a Q-tip and a bit of Water and gently swiping it out but both times it resulted in a very sore belly button and clear liquid oozing out and crusting around the opening until it 'healed'. My doc said it didn't need to be cleaned out and I was just irritating the tender skin. So I stopped and have never had a problem again.

Pus is sign of an infection. Get yourself into a doctor immediately.

how can i if i dont have the money?

go to the emergency room they have to take care of you. Then set up a payment plan. Most hosp. are great with this. They will take $10 a month if thats all you can swing

You're still in school. Don't you have a school nurse? That's not the best answer but it's better than no treatment at all.

how can i if i dont have the money?

Call your local hospital. They can either refer you to a free clinic (assuming there is one), or you can just go to the ER. They can't turn you away because you can't pay...and pus from your belly button is serious and could become life threatening if untreated.

County hospital treats everyone regardless of money. Private hospitals might turn you away if it isnt an emergency. Find your county hospital and go there.

i do have a school nurse and i was going to go to her a couple of times, i was really busy and i didnt have time to go to her, i really needed to get my midterms done. and i have to wait cause i dont see her till monday (4 days off due to regents week) but i also go to get my depo shot that day and my dad is paying for it, it seems that thats the most important thing in the world and my infected belly button is way more important im 19 i wanna get off of it when im out of the shot stuff i have one more bottle after this one and i get my last one sometime in may ..i dont get it, it's my decission to get off of it and my belly button should be more of a concern than stupid birth controll when im not even with anybody and the only reason i guess i got it was to "fix" my cycle to be more normal(sorry i through that info in there), but yeah ill deffinately see my nurse second period on monday maybe she can reconmend something and she works at the hospital soo yeah pretty good idea, thanks onikenbai

I've had this problem for years. What i do is put an over the counter antibiotic in my bellybutton.. after a few days it clears up...Ive never known why but anytime I try to clean it out with anything other than Water in the shower it happens...if I use my finger or qtip it will happen...trust me..put some OTC antibiotic in it and you will be fine.

okay, thanks

i have this issue too! technically, it's a "yeast" infection so if you buy something to treat a yeast inflection (like vagisil) it clears up within a week. unfortunately for me, its a chronic problem, so it is always flaring up. it's so annoying. and the smell is rancid!

Yes that smell is horrible! Never knew it was yeast..good info.