Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Met a mini-goal

I have met a mini-goal and am working toward my first big one. I have lost 75lbs and have 4 1/2 months to lose the other 25lbs to my first big goal. I will still have 82 lbs after that to be at goal. I know I can do it and hopefully I will lose more than that. I want to be at -100 by my one year anniversary.

That is totally awesome... I want to know your secrets... besides the band... haha...

You are on your way!

How wonderful !!! You are doing soooooo GREAT.

I believe you will make your goal and then some...

My one year is coming up soon. I would also like to make the goal of -100 pds. The problem is I have one month left to go and have 20pds. to lose and have hit a very long plateau. I will be seeing my doctor in a day to see what we can do to get me started again.

Let us know what you are doing that is working so well for you. Maybe you have some great tips to share.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are an inspiration to a newly banded bandster like me. I can't wait to see your post about meeting your next goal!

Sandy,

Congratulations on your success so far. We have pretty similar stats and you will have no problems to reach 100 by your bandiversary. you banding buddies will keep you on track and 6 pounds a month is very doable!!!

Babs in TX

334/268/180

6/23/03

-66 and counting

Thank you all for your support. And you will be happy to know (althought those die-hard bandsters may not) that I don't do anything special. I started out counting every bite I put into my mouth but that got old and didn't feel much different then the way I let food control me before. I don't want food to control my life in any way, shape or form. I try to eat lots of Protein for Breakfast and lunch but then I eat whatever I want for supper. Of course, I cannot eat anywhere near what I could before banding but if I want a cookie or a piece of cake I just eat it. I haven't even started exercising on a regular basis until just this week. I am not saying my way is good or that everyone should follow what I am doing but I do believe that you should not let food control you at all. Counting all those calories and keeping up with how many carbs......... all that is too much for me. I am consious of my calories and carbs but I don't count every one and if I eat something I shouldn't then I just try to do better the next day I don't agonize about it. I think everyone should exercise but to be honest I was so fat that I did good to walk around the house and do my household cleaning until I lost this weight. I am just now to the point where exercise is not such a painful experience that I don't want to do it. I am walking every morning and taking an exercise class three times a week. I will eventually start going to the gym but I want to make sure when I start it won't be painful and I won't want to quit. Thanks for all your support. And I think the biggest secret to success is to remind yourself everyday that you are worth every pound that you lose.

Originally posted by soon2bskinny

Thank you all for your support. And you will be happy to know (althought those die-hard bandsters may not) that I don't do anything special. I started out counting every bite I put into my mouth but that got old and didn't feel much different then the way I let food control me before. I don't want food to control my life in any way, shape or form. I try to eat lots of Protein for breakfast and lunch but then I eat whatever I want for supper. Of course, I cannot eat anywhere near what I could before banding but if I want a cookie or a piece of cake I just eat it. I haven't even started exercising on a regular basis until just this week. I am not saying my way is good or that everyone should follow what I am doing but I do believe that you should not let food control you at all. Counting all those calories and keeping up with how many carbs......... all that is too much for me. I am consious of my calories and carbs but I don't count every one and if I eat something I shouldn't then I just try to do better the next day I don't agonize about it. I think everyone should exercise but to be honest I was so fat that I did good to walk around the house and do my household cleaning until I lost this weight. I am just now to the point where exercise is not such a painful experience that I don't want to do it. I am walking every morning and taking an exercise class three times a week. I will eventually start going to the gym but I want to make sure when I start it won't be painful and I won't want to quit. Thanks for all your support. And I think the biggest secret to success is to remind yourself everyday that you are worth every pound that you lose.

Well Said!

!

Just adding another voice to all the congratulations. You are doing great. And what a great attitude about how you approach your new way of eating. Sounds like you will definately hit -100 by 1 year!

Keep it up (or down - Ha!)

Mary

Keep up the good work! You are definitely doing great. :rolleyes: I know what you mean about how hard it is exercise at a heavier weight. I'm sure that you'll lose even faster now that you're able to exercise more.