Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Ya'll!!

i'm actually feeling pretty good. i'm sore of course, having the gas pains but i've found that walking around is helping so so much!

i'm just ready for this journey to begin & to start losing weight!

Glad to hear that your feeling good!!!

I guess I'll add a mans voice to this board... so, welcome all to this board. My name is RJ and I was banded last year, but had complications and am now rebanded as of this past weekend (Jan 29). So, though I see some of you are banded already and some in the near and far future, we can all rock our bands together :thumbup:

I guess I'll add a mans voice to this board... so, welcome all to this board. My name is RJ and I was banded last year, but had complications and am now rebanded as of this past weekend (Jan 29). So, though I see some of you are banded already and some in the near and far future, we can all rock our bands together :)

If you don't mind me asking what were the complications? Glad to hear your rebanded though!!! Good luck and rock on....

To be honest, I have no idea. The complications were probably more related to my habits and allergies causing me to swallow a lot of air creating gas pains. But if it weren't for the pain we wouldn't have discovered the leaking band which explains my lack of restriction. I'm just happy to be back on the wagon.

But if it weren't for the pain we wouldn't have discovered the leaking band which explains my lack of restriction. I'm just happy to be back on the wagon.

Everything happens for a reason!!

Hey guys. Sorry I started this thread and then kinda ditched it. I swear it was nothing personal. :biggrin:

Welcome to everyone. Congrats to those that have been banded! I hope we can all get to know each other here over the next several months. :thumbup:

Hey guys. Sorry I started this thread and then kinda ditched it. I swear it was nothing personal. :crying:

Sure it isnt heheh! :scared2:

Hiya Mr Riceguy.. Glad to you are back on the wagon :eek: Best of luck!

Hey guys!!!

Ronke here (no my name's not Jonelle...long story :blink:)

I'm supposed to be banded June 18th...BUT still not 100% about it. I still have some questions/concerns to work out about whether the surgery is right for me. I should have a final decision made by the end of next week though!!

Anyway just wanted to say "hey" to everyone!!!!

This is a nice little support group we've got going here!:smile:

**waving furiously**

Just wondering if there's room in here (no pun intended) for one more twenty-something.

My name is Jenny and I'm 28 years old. I'm getting banded in June (no date set yet) and I'm really excited. Especially after looking around here in and seeing how amazing you all look!

Ok, so here's a little about me...

I'm Jenny. I'm 28 and I live in Loveland, Colorado with my husband of 8 years, Jeff, and our two sons, Cameron (7) and Connor (4). I've been heavy since puberty, but my weight ballooned out of control after kids. I'm pushing 300 lbs. now which both horrifies and disgusts me. I'm sick of not being able to be active with my boys and I'll be damned if I'm gonna pass my bad habits on to them.

So, LAP-BAND® it is! I would love to get the surgery sooner than June, but I work as a school nurse in an elementary school and I can't get the time off work until school is out for the summer. *sigh* Its gonna be a long wait.

Anyways... thats it! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Wow other than you being 28 and me being 41 we have very similar stories even down to my two boys Cameron (11) and Connor (8). I also work in a school (middle 5th-6th) But as a paraprofessional. I was banded 4/15/10 (two weeks yesterday) And only took two days off. So far Im very happy w/ my decision! :blink: I wish I could have done this at 28. Im so excited to do things w/ my boys..... They are a huge reason for me doing this!

Congratulations on your choice to do it and I look forward to hearing about all your progress. :smile: If you ever want to talk Id love to hear from you.

Sylvia