Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I had an odd experience today (my 2nd fill)...

Two weeks ago, when I went for my first fill, the tech had difficulty finding my port. My port was somewhat sore and the area around the port seemed a bit puffy. I thought perhaps it was inflamed from her poking around.

When I went in today, I asked for the other tech (wanted to compare them). She had no trouble locating the port and didn't have to press hard into it to find it. Here's the weird part. I knew exactly when she injected the saline because I felt it go through the tubing and over to the band, then felt the saline going into the band. It was the oddest thing.

Here's my question though. Since I didn't feel this last time, and because of the puffiness around my port area last time...is it possible that the first tech actually missed my port and injected the saline into the surrounding tissue?

I'm thinking of calling the tech and asking her tomorrow because at this point, with supposedly 6 cc's...I still don't have even the slightest restriction.

Well, I have an appointment for Wednesday. The tech who did my '2nd fill' said it sounds as if they missed the port the first time. She's going to take it all out and see what's in there. If not 6 cc's, they'll put the 6 in.

I went to Frankenmuth yesterday with my mother-in-law and we went out to eat at Zender's...famous for their chicken. It was all I could do to stop at 5 wings and my coleslaw. No bread...no taters and gravy...no stuffing and they were staring at me from the plate, begging "eat me". :smile2:

I feel good today that I resisted but sure would be nice to have Hilda helping out.

I hope if you are short on your quantity that they don't charge you for the fill adjustment.

Mimi

Blue cross notifies me whenever they pay something on our insurance. I keep a close eye on what they pay out and will be sure to say something if they do.

Elfie,

I am relieved to read your post... I had my first fill by my surgeon and he gave me 6cc;s.. well I don't have any restriction. So I suspect that maybe that 6cc's never made it into my band. I can chug the Water bottle and eat without any warning signs.. everything is self control.. I thought how could this be?? Certainly my surgeon wouldn't miss the port fill. but maybe that is what happened. THey had me drink a cup of Water and I drank the entire thing without so much as a slow up.

I suspected a miss, your post now confirms that this can happen.

Hope that you are doing much better...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches