Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why did I do this?

Tomorrow I get my first fill....yeah!!! But, today I did something I have not done since I was banded. I sat on the couch and shoveled in caramel corn with peanuts, then we ordered pizza for dinner and I nearly ate a whole small pizza! I feel miserable....why did I do this? I think I might have done it since I know I am getting a fill tomorrow and hope so much for resriction, so I ate too much today! Does this make sense? Anybody else do this?

Welcome to NORMAL!!!! It's just the rebel in us, the one that says, if you told me not to do it, I will anyway!!!!!:-] Sound familiar? It's like going for the 'Last Supper' and by gosh we are going to enjoy it, even if it kills us. Not exactly rational thinking, but hey, rational isn't all there is to life.

We all love food here, or we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. We all know, understand and relate to what all of us are going through. You are not a three headed alien from another planet. But you are special, so I am glad you enjoyed yourself today and hope you will enjoy the rest of your life loving being fit and healthy!!

Cindy

I nearly ate a whole small pizza!

Let's put this into some perspective, shall we? You ate most of a SMALL pizza, not a medium, not a large, right????

and yes, I think you did this because you are human, just like Chichigirl pointed out. We all do these things, or things similar becaue we are human...

You will be fine. Trust me. Hey, I went nuts for a couple of days and actually lost a pound. Finally!

Margo, girlfriend you are human! We chose the band to help us with our weightloss. Some days you will have little restriction and other days you will have lots of restriction. You are not on a diet! Just because you ate that today doen't mean you will tommorrow. Moderation is the key. When you were not banded there were days when you may had pizza just like there were days when you maybe had salad and fruits or other health choices. It all goes day to day. I used to be able to eat all the toppings(not really a bread person) off of a large pizza. I don't think I can do that now with my band. Relax you are doing great. Just don't eat pizza everynight maybe once a week or so. We are not Dieting just changing a few bad habits!!!

From one Diva to another

Dee Dee

I'm with everyone else Margo, don't beat yourself up. With the band, it's easier to get back on track. You can do it! I get banded on 9/30/05 and had a last meal on Friday & Saturday. Take care

One thing I've been reading in my Natural Cures book is that - you know you were going to do it - you did it - so instead of feeling bad - you should just splurge and don't feel guilty - instead enjoy every bite and you'll be less likely to forbid yourself from splurging in the future. It's helped me - I was cravvvvvvvvvving a snickers - so damnit I went and bought it and enjoyed every bite - now I'm good and its off of my mind. As long as I don't make it 2 and 3 snickers and start doing it every single day. So you had some pizza - sounds good to me - what kind was it?

Thanks everyone...and you guys are right....I did it, I am human and it's over!! And what kind was it? All veggie pizza, so that's not so bad...pre-band days would have been a large pizza with the works including sausage and pepreroni

Wow Margo, I am so glad to see I am not alone! Tomorrow is my first fill also! I did not eat pizza, but just about everything else! My bf brought over a dozen homemade cinnamon rolls, I think he loves tempting me! I only had half of one and felt like I had really screwed up! Then I thought about it and decided...at least I didn't eat two or three like I normally would have?? I hope for some restrictions starting tomorrow, if not I at least hope for my head to be stronger next time!

I got my first fill last Wednesday and I did the same thing. I went to McDonalds that morning and got a hash brown which I had not had since being banded and a sandwich. I thought about getting something else to eat before getting filled but that didn't happen because I came to LBT that morning and read and realized what I was doing. Knowing what you are doing and why you are doing is half the battle and you know what and why.

Be carefull after you get your fill ladies because you will have to do liquids for 2 to 3 days and then you have to remember how to eat like you have a band. I have not been able to eat the foods I was able to eat before my fill. I tried to eat a piece of meat (rib) and that hurt. I ate some broccoli and I felt my esophogus getting tight and I still put another piece of broccoli in my face and what did I do.....pb'd. Yesterday I tried again to eat mac and cheese and that didn't feel good sooooo with all that said I am back to my Protein shake, juice, Water and Soup. Oh yeah McDonalds plain sundae. It's yogurt and about 160 calories so it is a safe food for me that makes me happy.

Listen to your body, chew, chew, chew, small bites, and eat slowlllyyyy after your fill.

Good luck with your fills today ladies! I spent the week before my first fill eating whatever I felt like, so be proud of yourself for limiting your "last supper" to one day! :)

Now that I have restriction I can barely eat one piece of pizza without the crust, so don't worry that you're going to be eating like that in the future. That's why a band that is adjusted properly is so great!

Teresa gave you some great advice. I was told it would only take 2 days or so to transition back to solids and it took closer to a week. Transition slowly so you don't PB like I did.

Ah the subconscious mind of a food lover is a devious thing... you know that after your first fill you may no longer be able to eat pizza and cinamon rolls - so you are just having a little fling before "the end".

It's ok. When you can no longer eat pizza and cinamon rolls, you will be able to look back fondly upon that last one that you ate...

And SERIOUSLY - a small VEGGIE pizza? HALF a cinamon roll? Cast your mind back to another time, a pre-band time, and think about what you would have eaten then.

You gals are fine. No worries. Get your fills and move on.

:]

Exactly ReneBean...... pre-band time it would have been an all out feast..... there will be days....... but overall.... look at your pattern of improvement..... more good than bad..... :-)

how boring to live a perfect life :-( sin can be good in moderation

You'll be just fine and keep up your success!!

Enjoy it while you can ladies! I can't even think about eating pizza or a cinnamon roll since my last fill! bread is the enemy! At least it is for me! Hope ya'll find restriction soon! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Well I feel a lot better after everyone's comments. I am on the mushy stage and they want me to eat just a few bites at one time. I am RAVENOUS and could eat a whole hog at one sitting. I have no restriction and it's really really hard!

thanks for all of your comments....I don't want to regain what I have lost so far but I can't just be eating a couple of oz with no restriction.