Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I needd helpp againn this is really getting hard :cursing: so my hair is falling like crazy i dunno what to dooooo anymoreee i bought some Calcium and magnesium pills today .. will that helpp plzz i need somee helppp :) any ideas or pills i can take anything

My hair was also falling out (in large amounts.) I was not taking a Multi-Vitamin and told the Dr. He suggested that I get the chewable multi-vitamins in which I did. It has been very helpful and I do not notice my hair falling out as much! Good luck!

:thumbup:Hi,

Firstly ,don´t panic . It wont last for ever only a couple of months. secondly my Doctor precribes SOLVAZINC,that is a zinc supplement in the UK. I have read other posts on here where they have been prescribed Biotin. Either of these can be bought across the counter here but don´t know about the US. Lastly use a good hair thickening Shampoo ,conditioner. I also used Gliss volume mousse and VO5 gel spay. All helped during the difficult time.

At Walmart you can get capsules of Biotin very cheap. Just open one up and sprinkle in your shake. It is tasteless. My Doctor said that the hair loss was due to rapid weight loss. When your weight stabilizes, it will grow back. I promise, you won't go bald. But do get your Protein, your Vitamins, and your Biotin and enjoy the ride.

God Bless!

I watch my Protein intake AND take Biotin each day. I have thin hair so I wanted to make sure I did not lose too much. So I started the Biotin ASAP after banding. I have lost very little hair, and would even dare to say it is the normal Hair loss that you are supposed to have each day.

I have several friends that have had bariatric surgery and those that experienced hair loss, it was only temporary and it all grew back.

I have to agree with the other readers. I have not had the band yet (3/27/09) and at a pre surgery seminar I was told by the nutritionist that you need to take a Multi-Vitamin daily as well as Calcium and Biotin. This will prevent hair lost. I have a short cut and was not too worried about the hair lost, however my girl friend has long hair and she asked that question because the same thing happened to her when she was pregnant. So get these items and you should be okay, and if not call your doctor. GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you all for the nice ideas.. Iam gonna go and try that botrin i started the Calcium so i hope it helps and for the Protein i read about it so much the only problem is i dont even get close to 60 grams of protien a day im never hungry like before.. i tried the protien bars so maybe ill go back to those.. once again thank u all so much for caring and the ideas.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches