Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why did my feet get smaller?

Okay, I've lost a lot of weight, and I went from a size 11 shoe to a 9. What the heck? Anyone else experience this? WHY?!?!? Did I lose feet fat?

Edited by Weas123

LOL I just noticed the same thing. I was banded on 1/6 and I've lost like 25 lbs and my new shoes I got for Christmas and only wore once aren't tight anymore and my old broken in shoes are falling off my feet.

I haven't been banded yet but I notice that I am no longer in a size but in like 8.5! The only thing i could think of was maybe they are making shoes bigger?

Is it just that they got less wide and you can now wear your "real" size, not just one that fits the width? That's what I'm hoping happens because I have really wide feet!

Yup! We are losing feet fat!! Have fun shopping for all of those cute ass shoes!:thumbdown:

lol it's funny because I have 2 different feet. One looks exactly like my mom's and one exactly like my dad's. My mom has feet feet my dad has skinny feet. My fat foot is losing the weight, my other foot looks the same. I also noticed that the pain I had in my feet for the last few months is GONE. I thought for sure I had stress fractures in the sides of my feet that hurt every time I took a step. I guess the extra 25 lbs was killing my feet.

This post is so encouraging. I am just starting this journey and I have Fred Flintstone feet!! They're puffy and wide :w00t:. Maybe someday.... there may be hope for my feet as well!

Me, too, Nooshie!

My sister has been telling me that I have Fred Flintstone feet since the 4th grade! My feet have already gone from 11.5 W to a 11 M. It can only get better from here!

Yup, you absolutely can lose weight in your feet. I actually walked right out of a pair of shoes at work on Friday! I will be giving those shoes to charity along with most of my clothes :w00t::D:D

I can totally relate to the Freddy Flintstone feet. A kind friend of mine told me that I had chubby baby feet because they were chubby and soft looking.

Now that I've lost 148 pounds they look like everyone's feet with some definition and some veins that show. They're a size smaller than before.

The best part is that they don't hurt like they did when I weighed 324 they hurt every day.

Love my band!

Sue

Im scheduled to be banded on 2/03/09 so I really havent lost any foot fat yet :-)

Just wanted to mention a good exercise for your feet that I recently learned in one of my classes.

You will need a golf ball.. and while your sitting roll it around on the bottom of your feet.. You can also do while your standing too. This is very good for massaging the bottom of your feet and creating circulation and moving fasia and that fatty tissue around..

My teacher massages the Chicago Bears..

She taught us this technique..

Says she keeps a basket of golf balls in the bathroom

and is always exercising her feet.. :w00t:

My feet get very swollen and puffy, and no diuretics help. The doctor said it is from the excess weight. It's hard to find shoes that fit well...or fit at all. And those first few steps in the morning when getting up out of bed are painful in the heel. Then everything sort of adjusts....save for the puffiness which is every present. Any ideas on swollen feet that don't respond to de-puffing? :w00t: