Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thrilling moment sooner than expected!

One week and two days out from surgery feeling great but not real physically different (if you know what I mean), standing next to my closet I remembered that a LONG TIME AGO (I guess hoping someday the weight would magically disappear) I bought a couple shirts that I really liked but did not fit into at all, not even close. So I thought what the heck lets see how close I am to getting in them (totally thinking not gonna happen). Well guess what!!!! THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Talk about opening up a whole new world in the clothing line! You know....... that one size that you always look at because the tops are cute but they never have that top in your size. :( I can’t tell you what a impact and thrill it was and still is!!!

As I pulled all my clothes out of the closet and modeled the “they fit now” clothes and “look how big this is” clothes to my 19 year old daughter, I had to laugh because my daughter looked at me with a “that’s great Mom” look, but then she said “Your not going to wear those” implying that the old clothes that have hung in the back of the closet needed to be updated.

Needless to say - I'm flying high!! :Dancing_wub:

Congratulations on the weight loss. I am to be banded in 3 weeks and it is such an inspiration to hear these stories like yours. Good for you, and be proud!!!

That's great! Moments like that keep us all motivated. I've been wearing some of my clothes from 6 or so years ago that I now fit in again. I know some of them may not be completely in style right now, but it still feels great to wear them. Plus, I don't really want to go shopping b/c I know that before long the'll be too big!

YEAH for you. I am so excited for you. Isn't it strange that youput on a shirt one day and it is too tight. The next time you try it on it fits. It ain't the shirt; it's you. You did it. Great success story. It encourages me to keep on track.

That's wonderful! What a great motivator to keep working. I was just telling my husband the other day how great it feels to not have my pants dig into my stomach anymore. And, I have a bag of summer clothes one size smaller just waiting to be worn! Congrats again:thumbup:

That is so awesome, I have been there, I now have gone through my wardrobe twice and given away some old clothes that are way to big, oh what a feeling!! :( and I've had to hem a few things too, no better feeling then that! One thing I did do that I had to laugh at myself, I went out to get a new bra, thought oh boy I will be down maybe a size or two, but no..........same size, reason being I was lets say a (little!) overstuffed in my old ones, thought there was just noway I am going to go into and bigger size so I kept on squeezing, needless to say old bra was pretty stretched out!! lol! does'nt resemble anything like my new one lol!

Flying high on the same feeling. Not long ago I was staring at my closet nothing fit, to small, to tight. Now 7 weeks later I am staring at my closet and nothing fits, to big, to loose, falling off. From a tight 20 to size 16. I feel Great!! Lets here it for Losers!!!

Enjoy the Day

congrats, and I can relate.

Thats absolutely wonderful and I am thrilled for you. This very thing happened to me with a pair of jeans. I couldnt tell I lost anything and they slid right on. I want to wear them everyday now just to keep myself motivated :biggrin:)

mari12524 I am considering lap band surgery. I would like some advice and some words to help settle my nerves . I hate the idea of having surgery. If anyone has any words of advice please let me know. thanks,and God bless

I know!!! We are going to a family wedding, which I normally would dread because I am heavy. When I was shopping for an outfit, I actually tried on a size 20 and it fit! I was a solid 24/26. I feel so much better about myself. In actuality, I probably don't look very different on the outside - I've lost 29 lbs. - but inside I feel so different and proud, and feel kinda cute now :lol:

mari12524 I am considering lap band surgery. I would like some advice and some words to help settle my nerves . I hate the idea of having surgery. If anyone has any words of advice please let me know. thanks,and God bless

Hi Famirika, I think finding this web site already puts you ahead of the game. I found it after my surgury.

I think so often when I amagine the surgury I saw myself the thin person at the end. I failed to picture the healing period after my surgury. That being said now that I am 7 wks out I can hardly remember all the discomfort. There is a healing period and there is the period of "fills" that (as you can read on this site) goes so differently for everyone. Some folks lose quit a bit right off the bat, some find this period frustrating. Be patient you are about to become reacquainted with yourself after a long time of neglect and you can do this.

I hope that your road is smooth and positive but if it is not consider how much more we learn fron the "not pefect' situations and become stronger through it! Enjoy the Day, Mari