Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

T minus 11 hours. ... got a question

my surgery is tomorrow am (5:30am).

today i was told to eat a light Breakfast and have clear fluids the rest of the day and nothing by mouth after midnight.

so far so good. all i've had after breakfast has been h20 and chicken broth.< /p>

two quetions....

is chicken broth considered 'clear liquid'?

i'm thinking of having some Jello. would that pass as clear liquid?

thanks.

Hi:

I do think that chicken broth is considered to be Clear liquids.

As far as the Jello goes, I think it's okay as long as it isn't red Jello. Something about the color going through your system and having it color your pee.

Good luck tomorrow.

Sue

so cool you get Cinco de mayo as your surgery date! yep both are clear. Not sure about the red dye I know it is a problem with colonoscopy but since they aren't actually looking inside but probably better to be safe than sorry and stick to lighter colors tonight.

good luck in the morning!!!

Happy Happy Cinco Day .... WOOT WOOT..You will both be in my prayers and keep us posted ... I am so excited for you ...TOMorow TOMOrrow you'll be banded tomorrow.It is only a day a way..(Sing it like you mean it))

Good luck and congratulations! My surgeon told me nothing after midnight before my surgery. At 11:55, I downed the last diet Dr. Pepper I'd ever drink. Haven't had carbonated drinks since then and never will. I just hope you have as great of an experience as I've had with my lap band. It gave me back my life! Keep us posted.

Good Lord, almost 300 pounds! (reading from your sig) That's AWESOME!!! It gives me hope, since I want to lose at least 210! Congratulations!

My check in is 10am tomorrow, I'm supper-loopy and excited right now. Wish me luck! :blush:

My nutritionist said yes to Jello, so I am sure it is ok. I go in tomorrow at 9 for my band and I am just not believing it is finally happening. Guess it will hit when I am on the table? Good luck to you and all the May 5th bandsters. :wink2:

nice. i really like this forum. i drop a post in there and in about an hour or so i get soooo many responses. just awesome.

good luck to the other o five, o fivers.

by the way.....i'm freaking hungry right now! lol. i took my daughter to a pool birthday party today. freaking pizza, cake , Snacks....and i'm chillin on chicken broth.

damm. in the old days i would have eaten 3 slices, sneaked another 2 when others weren't looking and eaten the last one while i offered to throw the boxes away. not to mention i would have looked for the largest piece of cake from all the cut pieces and made my way over to it.

but you know what....i don't have to do that anymore!!!

oh yes siiiiiir.

Good luck to all of you. The operations will go by in no time and you will be sitting there thinking "Wow, after all that research and thinking, I am walking around with a band in me!" YAY!

My surgery is at 830 tomorrow 5/5/08, scared and happy all at the same time. Clear liquids for the past 2 days, and a prep tonight. Good luck to you, maybe we will talk on the other side one day.

:unsure:Shee