Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

diet disaster since Easter

Easter morning feast was the first day I felt only a little restriction, I ate mostly stuff that had gone into a food processor at one point and a nice smooth calorie laden dessert. Its been down hill since then. I can eat rice, cold cuts, burger patties, pork (the moist fatty cuts) and many other things even pizza! Within the span of 3-4 days I went from "not even hungry" to "Sure, I'll eat that horse, thank you". I will even drink to get more in without "damaging the band" as my stupid reasoning tells me. I've lost over 21 lbs since the Feb 28 surgery, the band must need the adjustment and in my defense, the after-band binges are smaller than my pre-band Snacks so I know its at least an improvement :huh2: I get adjusted in 5 days. I need to get back on track. Too much was invested for me to screw this up.

sounds exactly like you need a fill! im not far behind you as far as going though that stage of no restriction. but know that its normal, and just try to make some better choices for food like salads, grilled chicken, etc, until your fill :huh2: i have already gotten my house ready for 2-3 weeks down the road when im super hungy so i dont get weak and i have good healthy choices to choose from. :lol: good luck!!!

OOOh, I am the same way...I was banded 3/10, and I am slowly being able to eat more and more.....I haven't really tried anything that was against the diet, but I noticed that I can eat more....I want a salad soooo bad, but I have 2 weeks till regular food, so I'm trying to hold on!!!!!!!

I'm with you guys. I'm actually starving right now and forcing myself to drink Water. It's that time of the month too so it's even harder to stay away from all the bad/good stuff. I HOPE I can get a fill on the 10th. This won't work how it is now!:huh2:

Same here.....I am supposed to be on all mushies but I have had small pieces of chicken and some other forbidden foods lately. I scare myself sometimes thinking about what I know I could possibly eat. In return, my weight loss has slowed down. I know I just need to be patient and wait for the fill but it's so hard because I am feeling like a normal person again. My husband watches to make sure I am only eating mushies. I am definitely in "bandster hell.":cursing:

I keep having to tell myself, and make myself believe iiiiii am in control of what i eat, that means stop dont have another piece of bread, or better still dont have any bread --- i try and try, some days i am so good. but yep one day at a time, it is paying off 27 kilos since 18sep2007, okay havent done as well as others, but boy oh boy will keep at it as my shape is changing --- for the better, i wont let my favourite foods ruin it, i wont let them get to the better of me. i never want to be fat again - still am but working on not being, hey isnt that why we all on these boards to get motivated, comeon lets motivate each other we can do it, the band is there just to start us of but basically it is all up to us - we could sit there realistically having milkshakes, and icecream all day but we aint going to are we?

Olgi, I was filled for the first time already and I still am hungry. It takes awhile to find that sweet spot. Sometimes it is overwhelming. Please be good to yourself. We slip but we should be on track more than not. A lot of us are with you on this. Good luck to you!

Olgi, I was filled for the first time already and I still am hungry. It takes awhile to find that sweet spot. Sometimes it is overwhelming. Please be good to yourself. We slip but we should be on track more than not. A lot of us are with you on this. Good luck to you!

I got my first fill yesterday (3cc in a 5 cc band). I begged the surgeon to NOT EVEN think of being conservative & told him of my situation these last two weeks. I even GAINED 2 lbs. He gave me a good fill, some encouragement & made me sit in the office 30 min drinking Water to make sure it stayed dowm.

All went well.

I was full the rest of the day with sips of Water & chicken broth. Hope the restriction remains, I'm obviously weak without it!

I got my first fill yesterday (3cc in a 5 cc band). I begged the surgeon to NOT EVEN think of being conservative & told him of my situation these last two weeks. I even GAINED 2 lbs. He gave me a good fill, some encouragement & made me sit in the office 30 min drinking Water to make sure it stayed dowm.

All went well.

I was full the rest of the day with sips of Water & chicken broth. Hope the restriction remains, I'm obviously weak without it!

Hope all going well, keep us informed, i got to wait till very end of may for my next fill, trrrryinnn to eeat lessss and healthy, you do the same. hope to hear you doing well with the loss real soon.

Those cravings are set off by having something with sugar in it. I can always count on craving more and more after an encounter with sugar in food. I know it's hard to say no to sugar- but on those days we are compelled to have some - I just try to watch what else I am eating that day to make sure I am not overdoing it. To me, sugar foods don't always make me feel full, they go through me and make me constantly hungry. I think the best advice I ever got was to taper off slowly. Like don't go cold turkey on something, just have less and less each day.;)

Olgi, I have not lost a pound since my fill. I also have not gained either. (this is a good thing) I got 3cc in a 10cc band. I just started to write down my foods again so I can keep track. I am hungry still. I am glad you got a good fill. I hope this is what you need to get you on the right track. Keep in touch.

I was banded on Feb 21, 2008 and I was with all of you. I ate everything!!! Steak, pizza, hamburgers. UNTIL my 2nd fill! I have restriction now. I don't eat very much alot of Soup and I am suppose to go back on Monday. I can asure you it wont be for a fill.

Tough band love coming (operative word love)

Just cuz you can eat everything why are you...

The band does require will power - the will power to eat healthy low fat sugar free - the will power to change your mindset about food - it is no longer for comfort - to fill a void - it's for Nourishment - This is a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating and you have to add exercise into your life.

Even when you have proper restriction - you can still eat around your band - so it will take will power not to......-

The band is a GREAT tool but that's all it is - the real work is up to you.

It is not the magic cure to our issues with food.

As to being hungry - heck you will have proper restriction - you will be phyically full - but you will still be looking in the kitchen for more food - I know I have been there done that - As food addicts we don't want to stop take our drug (eating food) We have been ignoring that full feeling for years now - why do you all think that you are going to stop doing it once you have good restriction - The majority of the work is mental you gotta make up your mind to follow the band rules and your doctors orders

You can do it - you really can - not eating that candy bar or piece of pizza isn't going to kill you but if you keep eating that junk it will..

I know I am coming off a little harsh - but I want you guy to succeed I really do - and if you want to - you are going to have to call on your will power every now and then. You need to make that committment to you and your health..

Also - you aren't suppose to be so tight at to only be able to eat Soup - you should be eating hard Proteins (meat/fish etc) are you able to get your 60 grms of Protein in on just Soups - also being too tight can cause it's own set of problems.

This is a learning process - and you are going to fail sometimes - but what you do is IMMEDIATELY pick yourself back up by the bootstraps and continue forward -

Don't get me wrong I eat healthy 98% of the time - allow 2% for treats and I exercise 4-5 days a week.

I am no diff than you guys I am really not - Please do the mental work about why you are reaching for that stuff - YOU ARE NOT WEAK YOU ARE STRONGER THAN FOOD -

Good luck ladies and I hope you find restriction quickly :redface:

Wifeof pilot, How big is your band and how many cc's have they filled you up with? I am curious because I want to have hope that on my next fill on April 30th, I will have the same restriction that you are filling.

My band is 14cc and I have 6cc in it now. I am getting all my Protein through shakes. I am on my monthly cycle and the band seems tighter. The doctor told me this would happen. I am glad that I have restriction it makes the will power alot easier. Good luck. I hope you get restriction at your fill.