Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honey....I'm hoooome!

Well, I had my surgery on Monday....came home from hospital yesterday. I really must admit that I am feeling MUCH better than I anticipated. I would describe myself as being "uncomfortable" but not really in much pain.

I get the nice shot of pain in my abs just as I stand up and if move the wrong way, but other than that I am just sore.

I was very pleased with the way my incisions turned out. My doc didn't use stitches---he used some kind of superglue stuff. When my hubby first saw them, he told me they looked like little pencil lines.

Everyone at the hospital (Doctor's Hospital in Shreveport, LA) was angelic! I couldn't have asked for better care.

If I had to list the one thing that annoyed me, it was the air tubes that hooked up to the groovy wraps they had on my calves to keep my circulation going. No, they didn't hurt...it was just that I had an IV drip in which meant I had to go pee about every hour and each time I had to call for someone to help me unhook the air tubes.

My husband took a couple days off work to stay home to take care of me. But I've found that I can pretty much do everything for myself so I've given him Honey-Do projects around the house so he doesn't drive me nuts!

I've been getting in my 4oz of liquid every hour without any problems. I also received a breathing device from the hospital to keep my lungs clear for the next week or so. Believe it or not, these few things have kept me pretty busy!

Advice for the pre-banded: Jump on in, the water's fine!

What I know now, that I didn't before: I never realized how many food commercials there are on TV. Geez!

Thanks for all of your support. Patty and I were banded on the same day. We're band sisters! :)

Welcome home!!! I am glad to hear that all went well.

The only time it hurts for me is when I stand up. I got glued together too. I gained a couple of lbs, but they are already gone. I have been living on sugar free popsicles and crystal lite.

Patty

Welcome Home Nicole you sound like you are doing great. Ditto for you too Patty

Keep on getting better.

Congratulations you two!

Just remember to take it easy and try not to do too much. Welcome to the "other" side :);)

DaisyDoo: SOOOOOOOOOO glad that you are back and recovering nicely. Keep us posted on how things progress.

That 6lb gain will be gone in noooo time.

Congrats on becoming "losers"! This band is a wonderful thing!!! And, yes the food commercials do suck, and then half the time when u go to the resturant and order the food that was advertised it doen't look half as good as when it was on TV!!!

Welcome to Bandland!

I gained 8 pounds while in the hospital! The nurse actually said "you thought you came here to lose weight, and we are putting it on you". I thought she was kidding till I got home and weighed! It does come off pretty fast though.

Keep up posted on your progress!

Nicole, I gained 5 lbs in the hospital, most people do gain a few pounds from the fluids that we have pumped into us. Wish you and Patty the best on your journey.

Wow- Sounds like a walk in the park- i am very happy for you & hope that the weightloss you will experience is just as easy;0)

I am glad to hear everything went well! I saw your post on my introduction and was going to reply but it was on the same day as your surgery so I thought I'd wait. :)

Honey do's huh? ;) Now when my wife has some honey do's for me I say "I can't, my port!" :) I am milking it for all I can! LOL!

Remember, I am 3 days ahead so if you have any questions just let me know! :)

Congratulations and welcome home.

Keep up on your Vitamins, you may start feeling weak. Your body will want to store fat instead of burning it. Some people feel fine the first few days then crapy. Walk when you can.