Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sucking.. bad.

I had a BC control change and it is the only thing I can think of that has changed. I ALWAYS want to eat, I am a miserable b***h right now. Don't want to be around anyone, just want to sit on the couch and eat. Which is basically what got me here int he first place.

I haven't gained weight, but I haven't lost anything in over 2 months. I know it is because I am eating more, sometimes bad crap.

I am really thinking about switching back to my old BC to see if it helps get me out of the rut!

I still want to loose 40 more lbs to hit my goal and this isn't going to get me there...

Newbie here.....what is a BC control change?

Hi KCuster83, sorry to hear you are going through this. When I started birth control after surgery I started with my old one, but notice how nauseous and anxious it made me, two weeks later I decided to try a progestin only, which is night and day. Hopefully you can find something that works better for you.

I'd check to see if they can put you on something else. There's so many birth control med options that I'm sure there are some that don't have those effects. I was on one once that made me really depressed - and I'm not a depressive person. My PCP put me on a different pill, and the depression lifted after about a week.

51 minutes ago, hills&valleys said:

Birth control, nothing to do with WLS. But, messes with your hormones.

I switched from the pill to an IUD. So far I hate it. I would rather just take the damn pills!

Hello my forum friend, Will you allow me tell you that you are not failing. You have lost a ton of weight and have done so well. You have hit a bump in the road, we cant be perfect 24/7. You have done almost a year of total dedication to the plan and are having a little time out. You haven't done anything too out off control and you know you want to progress further.

Go shopping with a list of foods you need for a healthy diet. Get rid of the bad food, it doesn't make you strong. Do one meal at a time and progress to a day, you have the tool to do this even when the pill goes against you. Hormones stink. Don't struggle alone.

I don’t have anything to add other than sending love - your frustration is palpable i know I’d be frustrated too. Do what you have to do, you’ll get there 🥰

3 hours ago, hills&valleys said:

Birth Control

I feel your pain on this, I stopped using BC because of the gain and mood change, I couldn't deal with it.