Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The scale hasn't moved in about 8 days. I haven't gained this time, which I'm very happy about, but I haven't lost either. I fluctuate between the same 2 pounds (between 343 - 341). I have PCOS, and I was told that will make it harder and take longer to actually lose the weight and keep it off. But it's REALLY frustrating and annoying. It's harder to lose the weight now than it was when I was just doing Keto. I read that we're not supposed to do keto after bariatric surgery, but MAN it's tempting!!! I know this will pass, I know this is normal, but I HATE that it's normal. I'm 2 1/2 months out from surgery, so I'm not surprised I'm getting hit again. But UGH!!!!!

Stop weighing yourself everyday.

I weigh myself once a week. Mondays, which was my surgery day.

You could even weigh less if you wanted, everyone is different. I tried once a month but I couldn't wait that long. haha

Once a week works well for me though.

I weighed only at my monthly follow-ups mostly, well completely, because I was too large for home scales. I never saw a stall. As a result I never felt angst about a stall. I was never tempted to change my plan to "get things moving." I had no choice but trust my plan.

As a matter of fact, one of my pre-op goals was being able to weigh on a home scale. When I achieved this I weighed myself every day, a few times a day, mostly because I could. I realized if I didn't stop eventually I would drive myself crazy(ier), so I went back to only weighing at follow-ups, then later only at medical appointments. Now it's mostly at my annual physical.

There are more important things in life than a number on a scale.

Good luck,

Tek

I don't have monthly follow ups. I had my 2 week in the office, then the 1 month on the phone, my 3 month will be on the phone, my 6 month will be in the office, and my 1 year will be on the phone. I asked if I could come in the office and not do phone check ins and they said no, that they do it over the phone. And I asked if I could at least have check ins more often and they said no, that it isn't necessary. So I'm kind of on my own to monitor my weight. And as much as I want to limit how often I weigh, I find myself still weighing too often.

45 minutes ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

I don't have monthly follow ups. I had my 2 week in the office, then the 1 month on the phone, my 3 month will be on the phone, my 6 month will be in the office, and my 1 year will be on the phone. I asked if I could come in the office and not do phone check ins and they said no, that they do it over the phone. And I asked if I could at least have check ins more often and they said no, that it isn't necessary. So I'm kind of on my own to monitor my weight. And as much as I want to limit how often I weigh, I find myself still weighing too often.

That was the same intervals that I had as well for follow ups. Weird they said you can’t come more often. Maybe they can’t justify it to the insurance or something?? It’s really hard to just trust the process and weigh less often I know. I couldn’t do it. I do think that the people that do are less stressed out though.

8 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Get rid of your scales then, ( I too am a daily weigher but I don't class anything as a stall until it's been 4 weeks without any movement. ) the further out you get the slower the movement in the scales I only record my weight once a month now and even though on the daily I don't see much difference I am still loosing a tiny bit each month.

stalls are very common during weight loss. You'll likely hit several of them along the way. Make sure you're sticking to your program and try to stay off the scale when you hit them. They'll eventually break and you'll be on your way again.

Keto "works" right away because carbs hold on to Water, so those big drops are water weight (and over time it works because you're taking in fewer calories overall). You're taking in fewer calories NOW, too. The only thing Keto would do would be to let go of water, causing a temporary drop in weight. Water weight doesn't count. Just stick to your clinic's plan.

It seems like when I work out more, I stall. So I was trying to just stay with what I had, and I'm still stalled. So now I'm going to ease my work outs and just walk. Hopefully that will help.

46 minutes ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

It seems like when I work out more, I stall. So I was trying to just stay with what I had, and I'm still stalled. So now I'm going to ease my work outs and just walk. Hopefully that will help.

This is what is wrong with scales.

Everything you are adjusting for the scale is healthy for you the way you are doing them.

Ignore the scales and continue doing what you are doing.

Good luck,

Tek

I feel your pain. I've been stalled since July 3rd. I called my doctor's office on July 8th to make sure everything was OK and his nurse called me right back to say yes and explained I was in a stall and they were expected and I'd have more throughout my weightloss journey. I could've cried y'all! I was getting so knotted up thinking once again I failed (where it was supposed to be almost impossible if I follow the plan and i have been strict!) and it was all hopeless only to find out this is normal body stuff. It's resetting itself. I was so relieved. They really should put that in the pre-op literature🤪.

I have been guilty of daily weighing but am now weighing on Friday. I had my surgery on June 7th.

Later,

Melly