Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freaking out about pre-op testing not done yet

Hi. I’m in the pre-op phase for gastric bypass and am freaking out because I thought my pre-op appt was next Wednesday (1 week before my surgery) but it is this Wednesday. I still have to get my ekg and X-ray done and have the results for that appointment or I may have to reschedule my surgery. How long will it take to get my results to the surgeon’s office if I can somehow miraculously get the tests done tomorrow? Anyone have ideas of how to get the results quicker? Thanks!

If you're able to get the testing done, they should be able to fax them or upload the results online to a medical portal to your WLS surgeon immediately. Shouldn't be any delay. Wishing you well.

Typically 24/48 hours. EKG test is literally done and over with within minutes. Takes longer to put the probes on you than the actual EKG test. as for the chest Xray i had mine done and results sent to the my doctor in less than a day. Find a place that has a fast turn around...

Michelle, We’re you able to get appointments for your tests today?

Edited by ShoppGirl

Yes I was able to get my X-ray this morning and then my husband already had his own cardiologist appointment that he let me have instead to get my EKG done. Everything is supposed to be faxed over to my surgeon by tomorrow.

It seems I was worried over nothing. Now I can move on to my next worry about the whole thing being canceled because of Covid.

6 minutes ago, Michelle2022 said:

Yes I was able to get my X-ray this morning and then my husband already had his own cardiologist appointment that he let me have instead to get my EKG done. Everything is supposed to be faxed over to my surgeon by tomorrow.

It seems I was worried over nothing. Now I can move on to my next worry about the whole thing being canceled because of Covid.

Ooh good. Fingers crossed your surgery will go on as planned.

Just a quick update. My pre-op appointment went absolutely fine and I was able to get all of the tests done and the results to them in time.

The major lesson I learned from this is to READ EVERYTHING your surgeon sends you and then READ IT AGAIN multiple times throughout the process. You will think that you remember it all but there is so much information it is hard to remember everything. If I had just read the materials again, I would have noticed that there already was a Lab Order for my pre-op tests and I wouldn't have wasted time trying to get my primary care doctor to order them. It was so easy to just take my lab order to Simon Med and walk in for an x-ray and it was done in minutes and the results were faxed over the next day.

Hope this helps someone!

3 hours ago, Michelle2022 said:

Just a quick update. My pre-op appointment went absolutely fine and I was able to get all of the tests done and the results to them in time.

The major lesson I learned from this is to READ EVERYTHING your surgeon sends you and then READ IT AGAIN multiple times throughout the process. You will think that you remember it all but there is so much information it is hard to remember everything. If I had just read the materials again, I would have noticed that there already was a Lab Order for my pre-op tests and I wouldn't have wasted time trying to get my primary care doctor to order them. It was so easy to just take my lab order to Simon Med and walk in for an x-ray and it was done in minutes and the results were faxed over the next day.

Hope this helps someone!

yes!!! I thought I had read everything a million times, but when it came down to it, there is still stuff from pre/post op I didn't remember!

I hope your surgery doesn't get canceled!