Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I’m 3 weeks post op and I’m also on my second week of purée foods. So far I’ve lost 20lbs pounds, however on 4/6, I weighed myself and the scale indicated I gained a pound (yikes ), yesterday 4/7, it remained at the 1 pound gain and this morning 4/8 it still remained at the one pound gain, however I peed and stripped myself naked and it went down some ounces for a pound difference. I haven’t ate anything out the norm of tuna or salmon with pumpkin or avocado puréed. Anyone experienced this? Or have advice?

Read this and read it twice or three times, put it to memory :) the scale will make you crazy.
you will fluctuate. Period.
your body retails Fluid, your body retains waste, it takes time.

It took time to put on and it will take time to take off.
Try not to weigh yourself daily, I know that is a super hard thing to do.

Your going to go up and down, and you will all out stall. It happens to all of us. All you can do is stay your course and know that as long as the trend is downward your making good progress ;)

A good poop and pee can be the difference of a pound or pound and a half, the clothes you wear, how wet your hair is, the little things can make you crazy but the bottom line is if you weigh yourself weekly or biweekly you will see bigger changes in the numbers and the ounces won’t make you nuts!

it's the infamous three week stall - right on schedule! Fear not - almost all of us experience that. Just stick to your program and stay off the scale for a few days. Rest assured your weight loss WILL start up again. Stalls usually last 1-3 weeks, and you'll likely encounter a few of them on your journey.

11 minutes ago, Bella2021 said:

This made me so nervous today , I decided I’m going to go full on liquid today in hopes to move the scale down a notch or two .

I wouldn't do that. Just follow your program. You're likely to hit a few of these Patches on your journey - they're a normal part of weight loss. Don't worry about them - just stick to your surgeon's plan and stay off the scale for a few days. Your weight loss WILL start up again - promised!

I'm definitely experiencing the 3 week stall. I've lost only .6 lbs in the last 3 days. I've walked and know I've been consuming less than 1000 calories a day. Alittle scary, considering the cravings (sacrifices) I have had to repeatedly push down. After losing weight so rapidly within the first 2 weeks, this is a bit upsetting. I want to desperately get out of the 300s.

42 minutes ago, Bella2021 said:

Yes I went from 312 to 290 in the first two weeks . Yesterday I weighed myself and it went to 289 but I’m looking for the same weight lost as the first two weeks.

after the first month or two, weight loss rate drops off A LOT. You really get your biggest drop during the first month. I settled into about a 10 lb a month loss from about month 2 to month 6. That's actually pretty typical.

8 minutes ago, Bella2021 said:

🥲🥲🥲 oh no ...

are you afraid you won't lose all your weight if your rate of loss drops? That drop happens to everyone -- and a lot of us have lost a ton of weight. I lost 16 lbs the first month, then about 10 lbs a month from months 2-6, then maybe 5-8 lbs a month until around month 14, and then about 2-3 lbs a month after that. And I ended up losing over 200 lbs. No reason to be concerned if your rate of loss drops - it doesn't mean you won't lose the weight. Plus expecting to lose 20+ lbs a month is unrealistic, other than the first month or two.

P.S. I should add that I lost my first 57 lbs via the six-month supervised diet that my insurance required and the two-week pre-op diet the surgeon required - so I was rolled into the OR the morning of surgery weighing 316 lbs

Edited by catwoman7

On 4/8/2021 at 8:30 AM, Bella2021 said:

Today I’m 3 weeks post op and I’m also on my second week of purée foods. So far I’ve lost 20lbs pounds, however on 4/6, I weighed myself and the scale indicated I gained a pound (yikes ), yesterday 4/7, it remained at the 1 pound gain and this morning 4/8 it still remained at the one pound gain, however I peed and stripped myself naked and it went down some ounces for a pound difference. I haven’t ate anything out the norm of tuna or salmon with pumpkin or avocado puréed. Anyone experienced this? Or have advice?

Yup! I’n the same damn boat . On 3 weeks haven’t gained but haven’t lost a single lb and it’s driving me crazy! All I’m eating is tuna and salmon as well! I heard it’s normal for a stall hope it ends soon!

8 hours ago, JazzyJess20 said:

I'm definitely experiencing the 3 week stall. I've lost only .6 lbs in the last 3 days. I've walked and know I've been consuming less than 1000 calories a day. Alittle scary, considering the cravings (sacrifices) I have had to repeatedly push down. After losing weight so rapidly within the first 2 weeks, this is a bit upsetting. I want to desperately get out of the 300s.

I feel the same. I started working out and I’m walking religiously and this scale is STUCK! I just want out these 200s.

15 minutes ago, JustJazzy said:

Yup! I’n the same damn boat . On 3 weeks haven’t gained but haven’t lost a single lb and it’s driving me crazy! All I’m eating is tuna and salmon as well! I heard it’s normal for a stall hope it ends soon!

Well I went down two pounds but it’s still a slow progress. Today I had my type of favorite chicken , I didn’t purée it . I just cut it up really small and chewed it a lot. Not eating food is a bummer but the reward will be great

On 4/11/2021 at 5:13 PM, JustJazzy said:

I feel the same. I started working out and I’m walking religiously and this scale is STUCK! I just want out these 200s.

Still haven't budged much. I've only lost 4lbs in the last six days, as oppose to the 2lbs I was dropping a day for the first 2 weeks. I've been the same weight for the last 3 days. :( I got really depressed this morning. I feel like I have and am sacrificing too much to be experiencing this right now.