Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not hungry just very thirsty

I am 5 days after surgery.

i don’t get very hungry but I’m dying for a whole bottle of Water I know I can’t have it that way ! I’m also scared to eat to much or to drink to much I feel like I wouldn’t loose any weight if I drink to much or eat to much. Am I the only random person that feels that way.

You can have Water just sip it.

Which surgery did you have?

I was very excited to be losing weight. I had a gastric bypass initially and with that or Duodenal switch you are guaranteed to lose for the first year.

1 hour ago, mcfluffington said:

You can have Water just sip it.

Which surgery did you have?

I was very excited to be losing weight. I had a gastric bypass initially and with that or Duodenal switch you are guaranteed to lose for the first year.

I had the gastric sleeve . I feel like I’m not loosing weight ! Am I crazy for feeling that way so soon ? My mom keeps telling me it’s so soon that’s why I feeling this. I’ve been following diet and walking.

you actually SHOULD be drinking plenty of Water and/or other no-cal or ultra-low-cal beverages. You need the fluids. Just don't chug it - but you can sip all day if you need to...

10 hours ago, Krissy2 said:

i don’t get very hungry but I’m dying for a whole bottle of Water I know I can’t have it that way ! I’m also scared to eat to much or to drink to much I feel like I wouldn’t loose any weight if I drink to much or eat to much. Am I the only random person that feels that way.

I concur with catwoman please drink your Water dehydration is number one reason for hospital visit after surgery. They may have to put iv in. Im not afraid to gain from water. You might need to speak with the counselor. I do want to add that its a good sogn you arent hungry some people who get sleeve still have appetite so you got lucky there 🥴👍🏼

I'm also 5 days out[emoji177][emoji177] Congratulations. I definitely still get hungry. In facts my stomach was growling after surgery[emoji2364]. Have you heard of liquids IV?? You Can buy them on Amazon. They are little packages that you can put in your Water to increase your hydration times 3! I hope they make you feel better! Lots of Sleeve patients use it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Stephannie9102020 said:

I'm also 5 days out Congratulations. I definitely still get hungry. In facts my stomach was growling after surgery. Have you heard of liquids IV?? You Can buy them on Amazon. They are little packages that you can put in your Water to increase your hydration times 3! I hope they make you feel better! Lots of Sleeve patients use it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just an FYI, but stomach growling is a sign of stomach acid. Make sure you are taking a PPI

On 9/15/2020 at 10:47 AM, sillykitty said:

Just an FYI, but stomach growling is a sign of stomach acid. Make sure you are taking a PPI

That is good info thank you

On 9/15/2020 at 12:19 PM, Stephannie9102020 said:

I'm also 5 days outemoji177.pngemoji177.png Congratulations. I definitely still get hungry. In facts my stomach was growling after surgeryemoji2364.png. Have you heard of liquids IV?? You Can buy them on Amazon. They are little packages that you can put in your Water to increase your hydration times 3! I hope they make you feel better! Lots of Sleeve patients use it.

I'm sorry, but liquid i.v. is just like any other electrolyte drink like gatoraide.

It CANNOT hydrate 3x more than simple Water. Their CLAIM is that it hydrates 3x faster. Even that is questionable.

check the ingredients. 11g of SUGAR. There is your 45 calories right there.

500mg Sodium. May help Fluid into bloodstream quicker, but also water retention.

it has 2x the salt of gatorade, 1/2 the sugar.

Serving Size 1 Stick Pack(s)
Servings Per Container 16

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 45
Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 11g
Protein 0g
Sodium 500mg 21%
Potassium 370mg 11%

Water works, we're in no hurry.

The military gives salt pills to prevent dehydration. Think about it.

Tek

Edited by The Greater Fool

2 hours ago, The Greater Fool said:

I'm sorry, but liquid i.v. is just like any other electrolyte drink like gatoraide.

It CANNOT hydrate 3x more than simple Water. Their CLAIM is that it hydrates 3x faster. Even that is questionable.

500mg Sodium. May help Fluid into bloodstream quicker, but also Water retention.

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 45
Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 11g
Protein 0g
Sodium 500mg 21%
Potassium 370mg 11%

Tek

3 hours ago, The Greater Fool said:

Woooow! That is amazing you know more than my doctor, my surgeon, and scientists ! That's is fantastic! Well do what works for you and I'm going to continue to do what works for Me. Also it's working for alot lot of other sleeve patients 😄. Next time put the Vitamins next to "your facts".

500mg Sodium. May help Fluid into bloodstream quicker, but also Water retention.

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 45
Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 11g
Protein 0g
Sodium 500mg 21%
Potassium 370mg 11%

Tek

3 minutes ago, Stephannie9102020 said:

Woooow! That is amazing you know more than my doctor, my surgeon, and scientists ! That's is fantastic! Well do what works for you and I'm going to continue to do what works for Me. Also it's working for alot lot of other sleeve patients 😄. Next time put the Vitamins next to "your facts".

It *IS* amazing, isn't it?

You know, there are doctors right now telling idiots they don't need masks. Yeah. Doctors.

WOW.

Sure, the SAME ingredients (sugar, salt, potasiam) in your product work MAGICALLY 3x better than Water, but the SAME ingredients in gatoraid don't. Isn't that special. I did the research, I know better.

And we both know you didn't do research, or you would have posted it. Instead, you got offended. Boo Hoo.

Have your Surgeon explain it to you clearly the difference. In small words. Have him explain exactly the mechanism that causes SUGAR, SALT, and POSOSIUM to hydrate you 3 times more than water. Since that is not even a claim the company makes, it should be interesting.

VITAMINS? What the fig are you talking about? The product has no Vitamins. I posted the INGREDIENTS! You do understand how labels work, no?

Another WOW.

Research is my thing. This was easy.

Enjoy,

Tek

Since I know I'm talking to a fool I didn't care enough to correct any typos... We're not talking about mask. I'm sure you learned in elementary school how to stick to one topic at a time. Anyways have a good day 😊.

1 minute ago, Stephannie9102020 said:

Since I know I'm talking to a fool I didn't care enough to correct any typos... We're not talking about mask. I'm sure you learned in elementary school how to stick to one topic at a time. Anyways have a good day 😊.

Yes, you sure got me with that one. People always deflect when they can't defend.

Now learn where "The Greater Fool" comes from:

Who is the greater fool? The fool, or she that argues with the fool?

This is my world, you just live in it ;)

Enjoy,

Tek

No I just don't care enough to argue with a grown man when I'm not going change my opinion anyway. Look I get it.. you had a bad day so you have nothing else to do but to argue on a weightloss surgery website🤣🤣🤣🤣. My intentions were pure when I gave the information. If you disagree OK fine. conversation over 😁🤣😅.. Good day.