Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question on "3 week stall"

I will be 6 weeks out on Tuesday. The first 3 weeks I lost well (8.4; 3.8, 4.2). However, the last 3 weeks my loss has slowed down a LOT (.8, 1, and so far 0). Has anyone experienced anything like this and had their loss speed back up? I'm trying to keep a positive outlook but the longer the stall or slow down lasts the harder I am finding it.

I see my surgeon and NUT on Monday and will be talking to them, but I'm just curious if this is the 3 week stall everyone talks about and if so, at about when it's normal for loss to pick back up.

For reference, I was lucky to have a very easy recovery so I am getting 70+ grams of Protein most days (always over 60). I am drinking between 70-100 oz of Water a day. My calories are high for how far out I am (usually just under 800; 6 weeks) but that's because I still need protein supplements between meals. For meals, I'm eating 4 oz of soft protein (like chicken salad) and then if hungry some vegetables that are cooked soft. I will be hopefully be able to move onto more dense foods after my next appointment.

So many people experience a stall or two at various points in their journeys

Just take a look in the search options and you'll find many threads. Maybe one that helps you

Good Luck 🌈

Screenshot_2020-02-08-12-54-02.png

Screenshot_2020-02-08-12-53-14.png

the biggest drop in weight is usually the first month. And yes - it does slow down after that. I lost 16 lbs the first month, then 10-12 lbs a month for awhile. I had another drop after the six-month mark - and then it REALLY slowed to a crawl after the year mark.

and yes - you will experience stalls along the way. Almost all of us do.

Edited by catwoman7

Thanks - I have read a ton of the other threads on stalls, what I can seem to figure out is how long they usually last. Is it normal to be in a "Stall" for 3 weeks this early out or do you think something else is going on? I'm almost 6 weeks out and have lost 18 lbs, but 16 of that was in the first 3 weeks so I'm feeling pretty frustrated. Just trying to reinforce to myself that I'm not unique in this. Others have been through it and out the other side.

7 minutes ago, loridee11 said:

Thanks - I have read a ton of the other threads on stalls, what I can seem to figure out is how long they usually last. Is it normal to be in a "Stall" for 3 weeks this early out or do you think something else is going on? I'm almost 6 weeks out and have lost 18 lbs, but 16 of that was in the first 3 weeks so I'm feeling pretty frustrated. Just trying to reinforce to myself that I'm not unique in this. Others have been through it and out the other side.

yes - they can be that long. My "three week stall" lasted for two weeks - but I have a friend whose lasted for 3.5 weeks!

5 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

yes - they can be that long. My "three week stall" lasted for two weeks - but I have a friend whose lasted for 3.5 weeks!

Thanks catwoman. Hopefully mine breaks soon!

I am 7 months post op RNY, and I have experienced stalls and even some scary fluctuations. It's all so frustrating at times, but I make sure to visit my friends here to remind myself that this is all part of our new normal.

Congrats and good luck on your journey!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app