Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had gastric sleeve 3 and a half years ago. I lost 4 and a half stone but have put 4 back on. Has anyone got any advise what to do? I am going through the menopause and finding it impossible to lose weight 😔 I paid for my surgery £8.800 and regret it now it was a waste if money.

I had my surgery at age 55, after I'd gone through menopause, and I lost all of my excess weight (over 200 lbs), so it can be done. Are you still eating the way you did the first year after surgery? (not going all the way back to drinking Protein Shakes, but I mean eating Protein first, then vegetables. Then, if you have room, the occasional small serving of fruit or complex carb - like a whole grain item). You may need to go back to this - and also weighing/measuring your food and tracking everything you eat. It's a pain, but that's the only thing that works for me. I still weigh/measure and track at almost five years out. If I stop doing this for more than a few days (like when I was out of the country for three weeks last October, for example), my weight starts going up.

12 pounds gained in three months. oh well , i will handle it accordingly !!!!!! Dont worry about it...

I'm one year post-op, 55 years old, and finding it very hard to lose any additional weight and I even gained 3 lbs during the holidays. Go back to 800 calories a day eating, get some exercise, act like you're starting all over again, like a pouch re-set diet, there's plenty on the internet about that. Good luck. Don't give up hope.

I regained seventy pounds after my weightloss.

It took me two years to lose 40lbs. Still working on the next 30.

You can get a revision to RNY but first you should work on why you started eating again and how to address that.

I am not on board with super restrictive dieting. It doesn't work for me. I just rebel. It is part of my eating disorder to

binge if I am too restrictive. I just watch what I eat and only eat 4 times a day. This is why my weightloss has been so

slow since the regain. But you need to find out what works for you. I am a big believer in out of sight, out of mind.

So I do not keep any trigger foods in my house. Living with my Mom and her house of trigger foods was what caused

my regain. I have to take care of her but I can not live with her. so I moved nearby.

Good luck with your weightloss.

If I can do it, I feel certain you can.

Keep a log of everything you are eating and visit a bariatric nutritionist ASAP.

Thank you so much for this post and the thread. I, too, am struggling with regaining weight. I had my surgery about 9 years ago and although I knew what I did was a good thing, regaining weight has been terribly disheartining. I went into surgery at 455 lbs and post-surgery, I was as low as 233. My last doctor's visit 2 months ago, I was back to 303. Your stories and suggestions in this thread are encouraging. Thank you all so much for sharing.

You may want to also come join us for our online weekly support meetings face-to-face. It's a great group of people who really help you work through your struggles and help you do the head work. And we have great ideas for getting back to basics. PM me if you want the deets. (It's in addition to getting back here to BP and staying active and engaged.)

We will always be pre-disposed for regain because of our disease. WLS only puts that disease into remission. After that remission is determined by our gut/head/fork. (hugs) Sorry, but it's true for the largest majority of people in this world. Only a short few are blessed to never have to revisit the risk of regain. But I've seen SO MANY tackle their regain (100+lbs) of it and be victorious by strapping on the brass balls, rollin up their sleeves and getting back to basics!! It can be done. You guys can do it! @catwoman7 is living proof and so many others like @healthy_life2 (not tagging for some reason).

Thanks everyone so much for your advise it's heart warming to know I'm not on my own. I will try to go back to basics and start again. Before my surgery I had to do a 6 week preop diet because I have liver disease. I lost 21lbs in the 6 weeks and was really pleased. I will try and do that for a fee weeks and see what happens. I started off at 202lbs and I'm only 7lbs lower than that now. When I lost the weight my liver improved but now I have got fibrosis.