Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preparation for After Surgery

I'm curious to know what everyone has done to prepare for after the surgery. I think I'm a bit of an over-planner & want to get everyone else's ideas too. So far I have the following:

• All of my necessary Vitamins
  • A set of Bariatric Utensils (from hubby for Xmas)
  • A set of Appetizer forks & spoons for smaller bite sizes (Adorable!)
  • Protein powders (Inspire- whey protein, Variety flavors) & PB2
  • Light Muscle Milk and Premium Protein ready drinks
  • Large Water bottles (not new, but hold 24 oz)
  • Broths

Here is my wish list of other things:

• A fine mesh strainer
  • nonfat milk dry powder (to add to some of my drinks for additional protein)
  • cute 4 oz glasses, (plastic or glass) to help get some liquid meals down & 1 oz cups (like medicine ones) to measure intake.

What have you done to prepare for your new life???

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 12.05.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 12.11.18 PM.png

Your got it and unlike me i was not prepared and crashed bad - You have everything i can see but also get your head ready the head games are wicked -

Best journey you will have -

• food scale.
  • Timer (on your phone or watch)
  • Food Tracker App (I use My Fitness Pal)
  • Decaf coffee crystals (for flavouring Protein shakes)
  • ClearLax/Miralax, Benefiber, Milk of Magnesia, Glycerin Suppositories (hope you never need the last one!)

Thank you! Great suggestions!

Great post and responses from everyone. AJ keeps telling us to research and get our minds right, I'm there and doing some homework. I will message you AJ, because I think I will need a sponsor lol.

Yes weight loss is 90% psychological

This is a great list! Thank you for posting[emoji4]

Yes .. this is a great list and thanks for sharing!. My surgery is scheduled for feb 4th so I still have lots of time but thank goodness for you for reminding me that planning is key! I bought a hand mixer and a smart water bottle that reminds me to take a sip. I’ve got my Protein Powder and Vitamins. I’m thinking I should make a bunch of baby food type foods and freeze them in ice cube trays.

I got appetizer plates and bowls for when I'm eating foods again. The smaller size will help with some of the mind games my brain may try to pull.

I also got a four times a day pill sorter, but each day comes out. That way, I can make sure I have my Vitamins with me and take them when I'm supposed to.

Maybe a journal so you can document? Take photos and write down how great you are doing so when you're doing a little less great, you can remind yourself that you can do it.

4 a day pill sorter, air fryer, new blender with the personal bottles, 2 oz and 4 oz glass freezer to oven storage containers, and my mind set straight for the RNY tomorrow.00000IMG_00000_BURST20191222161949904_COVER.jpeg download.jpeg 29c2b8d7-a92b-4cfd-b350-eabe9a715457_1.fed922a55508f83fd9e0d7db2ce68185.jpeg Image.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

4 a day pill sorter, air fryer, new blender with the personal bottles, 2 oz and 4 oz glass freezer to oven storage containers, and my mind set straight for the RNY tomorrow.00000IMG_00000_BURST20191222161949904_COVER.jpeg download.jpeg 29c2b8d7-a92b-4cfd-b350-eabe9a715457_1.fed922a55508f83fd9e0d7db2ce68185.jpeg Image.jpeg

Congratulations on everything. On a side note, your bathroom has the best lights...you are going to have great selfie updates, lol. Do great today 😁.

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

Wow I need to get with the program. My surgery is the 21st and all I have is a blender, immersion blender, and Water mixes. I'm so broke though I doubt I'll be able to get all that. I'm on week 2 of the Optifast diet and that's 120$ a week. And my car has to go in the shop Saturday. So yeah.... That looks like a nice air fryer though. I'd like to try one eventually. What kind is that? Best of luck!!!

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

15 minutes ago, jubug09 said:

Wow I need to get with the program. My surgery is the 21st and all I have is a blender, immersion blender, and Water mixes. I'm so broke though I doubt I'll be able to get all that. I'm on week 2 of the Optifast diet and that's 120$ a week. And my car has to go in the shop Saturday. So yeah.... That looks like a nice air fryer though. I'd like to try one eventually. What kind is that? Best of luck!!!

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get post OP ready. Everyone's going to prepare for surgery differently than others, match your budget and buy those big ticket items later if you want. Focus on buying Protein, Water, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, broths, Clear Liquids and foods to puree. Miralax for going to the bathroom if you need assistance. Vitamins are the big ticket items...all of our post op plans won't look the same, but we will need those essential items in our tool boxes more than gadgets.

Cuisinart air fryer

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get post OP ready. Everyone's going to prepare for surgery differently than others, match your budget and buy those big ticket items later if you want. Focus on buying Protein, Water, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, broths, clear liquids and foods to puree. Miralax for going to the bathroom if you need assistance. Vitamins are the big ticket items...all of our post op plans won't look the same, but we will need those essential items in our tool boxes more than gadgets.
I agree a hundred percent. I been buying since March. The only thing I'm not getting again is the GENEPRO.< br>