Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 Surgery Peeps - how are we doing?

Hey all! I was wondering how all my October 2019 people are doing? I'm ok. I pinched a nerve in my neck, so I can't go hard on the exercise, like I'm dying to do, but I'm down 40 lbs since my October 28th surgery, so hey, I'm happy. I've almost lost 100 lbs since I started dieting on my own in July (less than 10 lbs to go). I'm a different person and it's amazing. :)

Thanks for checking in! I'm doing good. No complications yet, no real issues. Down 56 since surgery and today is 8 weeks. Sunday will be 2 calendar months. Down 102 total since my HW this year.

I'm doing barre and started going to the gym last week.

Next appt is Jan 22. I hope to be around 260 for that. If so I'll be well on my way to my needed 250 before April for a Hawaii trip.

11 minutes ago, lvidacovich said:

Thanks for checking in! I'm doing good. No complications yet, no real issues. Down 56 since surgery and today is 8 weeks. Sunday will be 2 calendar months. Down 102 total since my HW this year.

I'm doing barre and started going to the gym last week.

Next appt is Jan 22. I hope to be around 260 for that. If so I'll be well on my way to my needed 250 before April for a Hawaii trip.

Hawaii is on my bucket list for one day. Hope you have an amazing time and you're doing so well.

Sim doing fine with the eating but on my second stall I lost 32lbs since surgery I didn't have a pre op diet because I needed to not gain or lose any weight for six months for my medically supervised time. Today I am 9 weeks out. I feel I should be further along . Glad you both are doing well!

6 minutes ago, Kimberly3 said:

Sim doing fine with the eating but on my second stall I lost 32lbs since surgery I didn't have a pre op diet because I needed to not gain or lose any weight for six months for my medically supervised time. Today I am 9 weeks out. I feel I should be further along . Glad you both are doing well!

You're a NJ Devils fan....me too! :) I honestly feel like I would be further along if I didn't have the pinched nerve and I could work out more. It's hard for us not to judge ourselves or compare ourselves to others who've lost so much. But we're doing ok. 32 pounds is amazing!

7 minutes ago, Cherylmilla said:

You're a NJ Devils fan....me too! :) I honestly feel like I would be further along if I didn't have the pinched nerve and I could work out more. It's hard for us not to judge ourselves or compare ourselves to others who've lost so much. But we're doing ok. 32 pounds is amazing!

I'm a season ticket holder! Morning the loss of Hall yesterday. This year has been horrible. I know I shouldn't fell bad I ONLY lost 32lbs in 9 weeks sounds pathetic but just frustrated to be in a second stall. So excited to meet another Devils fan " gotta support the team" ~ David Puddy

42 minutes ago, Cherylmilla said:

Hawaii is on my bucket list for one day. Hope you have an amazing time and you're doing so well.

It's totally worth it! It'll be even better this time as I won't be limited in the stuff we can do due to my weight. It's a big reason we chose it to go back to because of how much we missed the first time.

36 minutes ago, Kimberly3 said:

I'm a season ticket holder! Morning the loss of Hall yesterday. This year has been horrible. I know I shouldn't fell bad I ONLY lost 32lbs in 9 weeks sounds pathetic but just frustrated to be in a second stall. So excited to meet another Devils fan " gotta support the team" ~ David Puddy

I was a STH, but I had to give it up this year (new car, the surgery....just not in the financial horizon for this year). I was in agony, because this was supposed to be THE turnaround season......and yeah.....

I'm hurt by the Hallsy stuff, but he didn't seem to want to stay anymore. I can't say I fully blame him. If anyone told us this is how this season would have gone, we all would have laughed. I remember being a bright-eyed woman at the draft festival in June. Sigh.

Now we just gotta keep Palms and a few other key guys and see what we can do. I listen to a podcast run by a few guy friends and it's awesome. Some of the old Devils come out to the games and watch the away games with us. I'll let you know when/where the next time that happens. We have a blast. Lets Go Devils podcast if you want to check them on on Facebook or search podcasts.

OMG that's awesome! I will def check it out. This is probably be my last season as a member too. I will absolutely check out the podcast and would love to attend a viewing party. This was supposed to be our season I thought the same things his summer. Crazy how wrong things went. I don't blame Hall at all I think the Devils let him down first. ☹️

Oct 28th RNY. 44lbs since surgery. Total of 108lbs in 4 months.