Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Screwed Today = 1st Thanksgiving -



Recommended Posts

My youngest son is Traveling from Naples Florida to the Dunkin Parade on thanksgiving, so he will not be here - He is a top drummer and G.C.H.S is a power player in marching bands. Yes these Naples Florida kids are going to freeze they ass off

I have a culinary degree and end up every year doing Thanksgiving for both families, Mine and my x wife - I made it clear this year that i would prefer to skip this event but the pressure was put on by all the kids, So started early yesterday - Hung over feeling like hell to prep for 23 people. Once again a full spread of all the foods that got us into the Fatty forum group. Mashed, Sweet, deserts and of course my favorite to make a giant bowl of bread smashed and loaded with butter and spices. The stuffing.

So the moral of this is I would advise you dont try this and be as stupid as I am being this weekend, If you are the cook of Turkey day nothing will turn you off more then to make platters of food, bust you ass, and be soaked in carbs and fats to know you will not even think about trying 90 percent of it.

but I really do not have a lot of options since parents and in laws are older, so will play thru it -

Want to disgust yourself after losing all the weight - Peel and Mash a bag of potatoes add pound of butter and parsley and get them ready for later today,

  • This is a giant Mind Screwing Pilgrim conspiracy that the Indians had planned on Plymouth rock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m dreading Thanksgiving. I’m the cook in the house 😩 and I’ll still be on my pre op liquid diet (already having a hard time day 2 and cooking ). Then when Christmas comes along I’ll “hopefully” be in the first few days of purées .... que a few meltdowns along the way hahaha

I hope I don’t hate the holidays in the next coming years or be frustrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre Op would not even try to cook - Reach out for support - I just came up with a idea - Buy the whole freakin meal from Whole foods and have it delivered done. Guarantee i will not be jerking around with food on x mas -

Just figured out Bob Evans and Whole foods do it - Sure there are more - F#$ck the home made bully poop Buy it and put it on your platters -

Should have figure this out earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

This is a giant Mind Screwing Pilgrim conspiracy that the Indians had planned on Plymouth rock!

Bahahaahaha! True so true!!!

Hang in there and just power through it. :) And remember, eat turkey. :) But you could also roast cauliflower with a light mist of olive oil, then blend in Cuisinart with 1 oz neufchatel cheese and ff mootopia or ff fairlife, then stir in 1 spoon of greek yogurt, s/p, roasted garlic is good in it too. I thin to consistency of mashed potatoes with the warmed fairlife milk. So good, doesn't leave you heavy or bloated. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am the cook as well and I think the hardest part will be not tasting as I am cooking. There are just 5 of us, so not too difficult, except for the brain games! I plan on eating turkey and FluffyChicks cauliflower recipe (thanks!) And some green Beans minus the casserole. I am planning to make a low carb/sugar crust-less pumpkin pie! Anyone got a recipe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lynda486 said:

I am the cook as well and I think the hardest part will be not tasting as I am cooking. There are just 5 of us, so not too difficult, except for the brain games! I plan on eating turkey and FluffyChicks cauliflower recipe (thanks!) And some green Beans minus the casserole. I am planning to make a low carb/sugar crust-less pumpkin pie! Anyone got a recipe?

Yes!!!!! Exactly!!! I tried bringing this up to my NUT and she is like just follow the recipe. I was taught to cook from my grandmother and she NEVER used a recipe haha. That is the hardest part of cooking for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty dang good. You can add pumpkin to it and make it into a pumpkin version.

https://fluffychixcook.com/impossible-eggnog-blender-pie-low-carb-gluten-sugar-free-magic/

image.thumb.png.a3ed8a926836840c62295a852f277b35.png

Here's one from Elana's Pantry. I love her stuff.

https://elanaspantry.com/vegan-pumpkin-pie/

Edited by FluffyChix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank-you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, here's the cauliflower recipe. I now switch out the heavy cream for a little fat free fairlife milk, drop the olive oil and use a couple of olive oil sprays to roast the garlic, and use neufchatel cheese to replace cream cheese. I dropped it down to 1 tbsp and add 1tbsp greek fat free yogurt. It's much lighter. You can also thin it down with stock, but the ff milk is easier.

https://fluffychixcook.com/roasted-mashed-cauliflower-aka-roasted-smashed-fauxtatoes/

(and of course leave off the gobs of butter melting on top--this is creamed gravy to go with the low carb chicken fried steak)

image.thumb.png.5bb9c26d85d6d93507394d666d0dad51.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AJ Tylo said:

My youngest son is Traveling from Naples Florida to the Dunkin Parade on thanksgiving, so he will not be here - He is a top drummer and G.C.H.S is a power player in marching bands. Yes these Naples Florida kids are going to freeze they ass off

I have a culinary degree and end up every year doing Thanksgiving for both families, Mine and my x wife - I made it clear this year that i would prefer to skip this event but the pressure was put on by all the kids, So started early yesterday - Hung over feeling like hell to prep for 23 people. Once again a full spread of all the foods that got us into the Fatty forum group. Mashed, Sweet, deserts and of course my favorite to make a giant bowl of bread smashed and loaded with butter and spices. The stuffing.

So the moral of this is I would advise you dont try this and be as stupid as I am being this weekend, If you are the cook of Turkey day nothing will turn you off more then to make platters of food, bust you ass, and be soaked in carbs and fats to know you will not even think about trying 90 percent of it.

but I really do not have a lot of options since parents and in laws are older, so will play thru it -

Want to disgust yourself after losing all the weight - Peel and Mash a bag of potatoes add pound of butter and parsley and get them ready for later today,

  • This is a giant Mind Screwing Pilgrim conspiracy that the Indians had planned on Plymouth rock!

😔 awwww such a shame, this could have been your time to shine and make adjustments to the menu that both you and everyone else could enjoy

Next time Next time 💙

and I highly doubt the Native Americans that encountered the Pilgrims cared a lot about carb ratios but nice try...

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I just need to get this straight:
Is the issue that your stomach can't handle the thanksgiving food or the issue that you feel that the food is bad for you?

I am going to live with my OP for the rest of my life. I don't plan on deny myself to eat food on special occasions. We don't Celebrate thanksgiving, but we do celebrate christmas with tons of food and cakes. And I am going to have some of my mothers cooking for christmas. That one or two meals at christmas will not be like last christmas - as I cannot fit all that food in me now. And perhaps, I won't tolerate it either, but I am optimistic that by now I know my stomach and know I can eat one bite and check if it will be ok or not to eat more.

If you are just not eating it because you think it's bad for you and that you will ruin everything, you are going to have issues along the way. Sooner or later you will be tired of never giving in, and you will give in such a way that you will be very, very sick.

Last week I ate batter from the bowl, and I compencated it with eating less of my meal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have completed this feast - Way to much of a freakin head game for me to cook for all these people, but I am glad i did it and the feast is set to be served in a few hours,

No i cant eat carbs or heavy foods right now but I am only 4 months pre Op - I would heave it up, but some of the veterans around here will jump in. Two spoons of my stuffing and i would be screwed, It was not as bad as i thought it would be and my kids are happy - Now its time for me to sip some vodka and hide by the TV. Let them graze and one thing for sure -

THEY ARE TAKING EVERY BIT OF THE LEFTOVERS OUT OF THIS HOUSE -

It was just a learning experience but i quickly seperated myself from the food and just did it as a job, If I did not due the surgery I would most likely never be able to do this for my grandkids, so i twisted it around in my head and vodka can fix the rest of the mental issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

I have completed this feast - Way to much of a freakin head game for me to cook for all these people, but I am glad i did it and the feast is set to be served in a few hours,

No i cant eat carbs or heavy foods right now but I am only 4 months pre Op - I would heave it up, but some of the veterans around here will jump in. Two spoons of my stuffing and i would be screwed, It was not as bad as i thought it would be and my kids are happy - Now its time for me to sip some vodka and hide by the TV. Let them graze and one thing for sure -

THEY ARE TAKING EVERY BIT OF THE LEFTOVERS OUT OF THIS HOUSE -

It was just a learning experience but i quickly seperated myself from the food and just did it as a job, If I did not due the surgery I would most likely never be able to do this for my grandkids, so i twisted it around in my head and vodka can fix the rest of the mental issues.

Do what you need to for your success!

G23W5Ld.gif

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done two tables 28 people fed and i have a buzz - so all good and they had a good time

DONT DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE STRONG AS HELL - BUT ALL SAID WAS WORTH IT

IMG_1795.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I debated poisoning my surgery to after Thanksgiving, for this same reason. It's my favorite holiday to cook for the family and I won't be able to have any since my surgery is tomorrow. Then again, that was kinda the point of doing this surgery too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • SabrinaGoddess

      I hate these Lovenox shots.  That is all! LOL
      Feeling like a pin cushion.
      I know they are needed and it's only 10 days worth but I really hate giving myself shots. It's one of the reasons I want to be healthy because diabetes runs in my family

      · 2 replies
      1. Jenpet

        Weight Loss Queen

      2. Jenpet

        Weight Loss Queen

    • SabrinaGoddess

      Yas, I am HOME! Traveling back home was interesting but I made it.
      For the first time in my flying life we had NO drink service due to the turbulence! It was crazy. I had to call the steward to bring me water. You CAN NOT let yourself get behind on drinking! That would be dangerous.
      My new blog post is up! https://sabrinagoddess.com/day-3-4-post-op-doc-visit

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      I am OFFICIALLY SLEEVED! (surgery was Dec 9th, 2019)
      It was an easy procedure for me and I am not having complications. If you want to see part one of my journey go here: https://sabrinagoddess.com/life-on-the-other-side-post-op-wls
      I will be making new posts during this whole process!

      · 5 replies
      1. GreenTealael

        💚CONGRATULATIONS💚

      2. Billy Bob

        Glad you survived . lol

      3. SabrinaGoddess

        @billybob I am thriving and breathing! That's a blessing!

      4. BayougirlMrsS

        yeahhhhhh we are only 3 months apart on the sleeve journey. I found it has been way easier to lose with the sleeve than it was with the band...... although i loved my band. Sleeve was the easiest SX i ever had too.....

      5. SabrinaGoddess

        @bayougirlmrss I was told this is the fastest weight loss surgery, but I am not really looking for extremely fast. I want it to be healthy. This is our new tool and we can use it wisely for sure. Are you taking your biotin and vitamins?

    • SabrinaGoddess

      TOMORROW IS MY DAY! (note this did not post properly so I am still  posting it after the fact)
      I am so very excited! My sister is here with me and my son. I am so excited. My anesthesiologist called me tonight to discuss our plans for tomorrow. I am not feeling nervous at all. Just excited for the future!
      I did buy a few bottles of CFpreop which is really suppose to help you stay hydrated. It's pricey but I feel it's worth it. I tried the Watermelon tonight. I have to stop all liquids after midnight and I go into the hospital at 5:30am for check in. My surgery is at 8am.
      SO HAPPY for this journey!
      You can get the CFpreop on Amazon if anyone is interested. It comes in Watermelon and White Grape.
      Read my night before thoughts on: www.SabrinaGoddess.com

      · 6 replies
      1. Jenpet

        Weight Loss Queen

      2. Jenpet

        Weight Loss Queen

      3. Jenpet

        Weight Loss Queen

      4. Jenpet

        Weight Loss Queen

      5. Jenpet

        Weight Loss Queen

      6. View All Replies
    • Arabesque

      Today I said I’m an XS or size 8 (Aust) at a clothing store. I never thought I’d say those words and say them with confidence. And when I commented a dress was too big on me I was told it was the smallest size. As was the belt I wanted. 
       
      I tried on a slim fitting singlet dress yesterday & was shocked to realise the lumpy bits on the dress were my hip bones. I have an hour glass shape so I always had hips but never ones that stuck out on the front of my body! 

      I’ve been a size 10 before - for about 5 minutes. While I am now confident about saying I’m an 8, clothes shopping is all still a bit freaky for me. It’s not that I’m focussed on the size on the label. I’m well aware the cut/line of the clothes and the designer’s style will dictate what size I need or if it will suit my body shape. The size is the starting point & it’s starting at an 8/XS/38 which is a big mind set change. It’s thinking a pair of pants will be too small & discovering they are almost too big. 

      While I’m still coming to terms with my actual new body shape and size, I’m very happy to be in this new reality. 
       
      · 4 replies
      1. ms.sss

        Yay!!

      2. ms.sss

        ...ah! I see you are from Brisbane! We lived there for a year when Mr. got a work contract there.

        I have fond (and not-so-fond, lol) memories of the weather there this time of year. It it crazy hot yet?

      3. Arabesque

        Hit 42degress last weekend but this week has been in the rather pleasant low 30s (relatively of course😜). Could still wear jeans but thank goodness for air conditioning. Worse is the drought. Everything is dying or dead. Very sad & depressing.

      4. ms.sss

        I feel ya.

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×