Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I just purchased some Pure Protein Bars and noticed that they've gone from 20g protein/bar to 33! The calories increased from approx 200 to 280. The bars were 1.76 oz., now 2.75 oz. For me (not a Protein fan) this is great!

p.s. I'm eating one for Breakfast and can't eat it all in one sitting. But that's ok, I can work on it all morning.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I just purchased some Pure Protein Bars and noticed that they've gone from 20g protein/bar to 33! The calories increased from approx 200 to 280. The bars were 1.76 oz., now 2.75 oz. For me (not a Protein fan) this is great!

What are the carbs? Are these gluten free by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AZhiker said:

What are the carbs? Are these gluten free by any chance?

Total carbs 26, 4g sugar, 3g Fiber. Not GF. I don't worry about carbs (just sugar), so this is perfect for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm I have a box of Lemon Ones, let's SEE. Rice and Tapioca derivatives, inulin, milk, soy. and Tree nuts. So I'm not thinking Gluten- bearing. Calories in each 190, total carbs 16 gr, has 4 gr of dietary fiber, 2 gr of sugar alcohols, maybe Splenda? 20 gr Protein, total fats 7gr, 5 mg cholesterol and 100mg Na, the fats break down to 4gm saturated. but NO trans-fats.
Honest truth why I bought my Lemon Ones? They are smooth , I can eat them sans my dentures, so many bars have barely chopped up nuts in THEM. And we owe Canada a Thank You because THAT'S where mine were produced. Hope This Helps a LITTLE, okay?🍫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having to have a Protein Bar a day too and like you have it for Breakfast because I can't get enough food Protein in due to ongoing nausea. I look at the total carbs though as they are pretty much the same effect on the body sugar level wise, I find if I have 15g carbs or less per 'meal' I am fine, any higher and I dump, also why diabetics go low carb not just low sugar. But I guess for us depending on how small our intake is per day it is a different ball game.

I did 20g net carbs for so long I can't get my head away from it, lucky that even if I have 1 meal a day with 15g carbs I never go over 20g just because of the volume of food required.

For some reason I am rambling, so I shall shush now lol I do wish we could get some of the USA foods in UK tho, the range here is pants unless you buy from Amazon or eBay then they cost like a hundred bucks for 12 bars lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bastian said:

I find if I have 15g carbs or less per 'meal' I am fine, any higher and I dump, also why diabetics go low carb not just low sugar. But I guess for us depending on how small our intake is per day it is a different ball game.

Since I can't eat it all at once, I guess I'm getting about 13g of carbs per "meal", but since I don't dump and don't have blood sugar issues, it's really a moot point for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

Since I can't eat it all at once, I guess I'm getting about 13g of carbs per "meal", but since I don't dump and don't have blood sugar issues, it's really a moot point for me.

yep I get you, :D I bet most of us are low carb (under 100g day) anyway. I'm the same as you can't eat a whole one at once, I would love some delicious savoury ones premade. I can't believe how much I hate the sweetness now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Orchids&Dragons, that's a huge improvement of the cals to Protein ratio! Good to know.

What are your favorite flavors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Thanks @Orchids&Dragons, that's a huge improvement of the cals to Protein ratio! Good to know.

What are your favorite flavors?

I like the deluxe chocolate. I got these at Walmart.com. I was just in the store and they're still stocking the 20g ones

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/07/2019 at 12:36, Orchids&Dragons said:






I like the deluxe chocolate. I got these at Walmart.com. I was just in the store and they're still stocking the 20g ones


Perfect, I much prefer to shop in my pjs on my couch anyway 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ShawnaDonna

      Just cleaned out my fridge of old/unwanted food. Next is cabinets and pantry!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      I baked a gross of (144) chocolate chip cookies for the coffee break (fika) at work. The cool part was that I managed to not eat a single one of them. Not only that but I finished with my baking by 11pm and got up at 5am for my doggie walk before work. This time it was MUCH easier to skip the cookies since I was thinking about dumping in the back of my mind. That and the damn gremlins (oops I mean  grehlins) are on vacation at the moment.
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

        💙🙌CONGRATULATIONS🙌💙

    • SorryNameTaken  »  JRT Mom

      I hope your surgery went well and your recovery is going smoothly!  If you need anything while you're up here in northern VA, let me know, I'm only a hop, skip, and a jump away!  

      Let us know how you are doing when you're feeling up to it!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Angela63

      Hello everyone hope you have a wonderful day, and remember to drink water.❤️✊✊
      · 2 replies
      1. Sueflals

        https://allcbdstores.com

      2. Sueflals

        https://allvapestores.com

    • SabrinaGoddess

      Hospital - PAID
      Doctor - PAID
      Surgical Assistant - PAID
      Anesthesia Tech - PAID
      Plane Ticket - BOOKED
      Hotel Room - BOOKED
      Vitamins - ORDERED
      Stocking for Post Op - STARTED
      Dec 9th - here I come!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×