Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions?



Recommended Posts

Hello. I am so overwhelmed. I had surgery 10/22. I have a few questions. What are you looking for when looking at the food labels on food? How many calories should you have with each meal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we were told not to worry about calories the first couple of months. You're not going to be able to eat enough to consume that many calories. Most of us were told to focus on Protein and fluids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What surgery did you have? I imagine this will effect the calories you should intake. But catwoman is right on for RNY patients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In your first week, as @catwoman7 posted, I would concentrate on Water, Protein Drinks or shakes, Bone Broth, thin yogurt, etc. I did not have a calorie count, I focused on first hydration, and second, Protein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, colleen156 said:

Hello. I am so overwhelmed. I had surgery 10/22. I have a few questions. What are you looking for when looking at the food labels on food? How many calories should you have with each meal?

My instructions: Protein 60 to 100 hydration 65oz. Sip to get it in. May feel like you are sipping all day.

Labels – I log my food. It makes it so much easier. Myfitnesspal or baritastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with what everyone said but I personally have always been calorie sensitive. Even before I had WLS If I ate over 800 calories I would gain. The doctors never believed me that I got fat on 800 calories a day, even doing triathlons, but I did. I supposedly have pcos but no doctor will have the guts to tell me. even though I'm insulin resistant, hirsute, never got my periods. Now a days since my surgery. I try not to go over 400 calories in any one day or I don't seem to lose. Maybe 100 calories a meal. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op . @colleen156 Just remember, everyone is different,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Panda333 said:

I agree with what everyone said but I personally have always been calorie sensitive. Even before I had WLS If I ate over 800 calories I would gain. The doctors never believed me that I got fat on 800 calories a day, even doing triathlons, but I did. I supposedly have pcos but no doctor will have the guts to tell me. even though I'm insulin resistant, hirsute, never got my periods. Now a days since my surgery. I try not to go over 400 calories in any one day or I don't seem to lose. Maybe 100 calories a meal. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op . @colleen156 Just remember, everyone is different,

I apologize to the original poster this is off topic.

Sorry you are having struggles; you are right everyone is different.

Your calorie range seems normal, the majority of us are low calories at 3 weeks out. Weight loss does not happen overnight. Give your body time to heal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JessLess said:

In your first week, as @catwoman7 posted, I would concentrate on Water, Protein Drinks or shakes, Bone Broth, thin yogurt, etc. I did not have a calorie count, I focused on first hydration, and second, Protein.

As above I agree Hydration first and just do what you can, DO NOT FOCUS ON LABELS Since you should not be eating any processed food. I was all liquids for 13 days till a little bit of pudding. Get you plan ready for week 3 untill then just hydrate and get to the Happy place of Post surgery. You have a big plan to put together in terms of food, Vitamins, Minerals and then you can do calories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told just to be mindful of Protein, carbs, and fat. Nothing higher than 10g carbs, 3g fat, and get 63g of protein a day. At one year out I finally was given a calorie count to shoot for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too was told 63 grams Protein between 300 and 500 calories stay under 5 grams sugar. I didnt get my calorie count until my two week check in with the nutritionist.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×