Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello and good day all. Today I'm starting the first day of my preOP diet. I actually only have to do it for the first four days before surgery which is on the 21st; however, after I realized that I have gained 74 of the 99 pounds I lost, I decided to get my head in the game and do this for two weeks like I did 8 1/2 years ago when I was banded. I am just as excited today as I was in November 2010 when I first did the liquid diet. I only lost 8 lbs before surgery but it was a lost. I will see how my body acts now that I'm older.

HW: 206

CW: 205

GW: 135-140

Alright Now!!! You can do it !!! Try to be patient with yourself and remember bending is not breaking plus at anytime you can simply choose to start again

Good Luck 💚

Edited by GreenTealael

Thank you. 😊

Day 1: Well I'm off to a great start. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did however forget that you constantly have to go to the bathroom while on this diet. I COMPLETELY forgot!!!!!!😱🚽

🍶🍮🥣🍡

So my liquids consist of 48 oz of Water, one or two sugar free jellos, one or two sugar free popsicles, two servings of broth (lunch/dinner), and of course coffee and/or tea. Oh yeah and Protein Shakes ALL DAY LONG EVERY TWO HOURS or so!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

Because I really don't have to do this until 4 days before my surgery on the 21st which is a week and a half away , I ate a hand full of boiled shrimp with zucchini, mushrooms, and onions. If you look at my ticker, you will see the Fluid is being released. HALLELUJAH!!!!💃

Now starting day 2 off with my coffee, water, and Protein Shake. 🙂

Day 3: The hunger headache has begun, and that's all I have to say. [emoji32][emoji32]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/9/2019 at 7:04 AM, Lady VS said:

Day 3: The hunger headache has begun, and that's all I have to say. 😨🙁

Day 3 continued: So after my hunger headache passed, I was doing well until after I came home from therapy on my foot. I was very nauseous to the point of throwing up. I think I am taking in too much Protein, so today I am going to limit each of my shakes to a half a scoop. I forgot I was diagnosed with gastritis so I'm guessing that is possibly why my doc only wanted me to do this for just the four days before my surgery. After taking 3 of my Zofran's (usally take one), I managed to take a couple of bites of a banana to help calm my stomach down. It did work.

This morning I am feeling a little discomfort in my abdominal area. I had to stop typing and take my medicine because I'm feeling 🤢. That being said, I don't think I can tolerate any broth today either. I didn't drink any yesterday as well. I am going to eat some Jello and I may be able to tolerate a popsicle. I will see how I'm feeling later. I'm really gassy though. Another part of the process I don't like.

Day 4: I had to eat a little on yesterday. I had a little cheese and turkey Jerky for a snack. For lunch, I ate a small salad with grilled chicken chunks. The rest of the day was liquids.

Day 5: I'm drinking more liquids but I have eaten a few cheese squares and a piece of turkey jerky only because I have felt a Migraine coming on and needed to take my medication. I definitely don't want my stomach upset.

Day 4: I had to eat a little on yesterday. I had a little cheese and turkey Jerky for a snack. For lunch, I ate a small salad with grilled chicken chunks. The rest of the day was liquids.

Day 5: I'm drinking more liquids but I have eaten a few cheese squares and a piece of turkey Jerky only because I have felt a Migraine coming on and needed to take my medication. I definitely don't want my stomach upset.

Day 6: Good morning all. I woke up again feeling that Migraine trying to take over, so I decided I'm going to give my body a little break today. I know it is in shock from going from eating all that wonderful unhealthy and healthy foods to absolutely no food at all. That is A LOT to go through especially when you are sick already and have to take medication on the regular. I'm glad I decided to start two weeks out rather than wait until Thursday this upcoming week per my doctor's orders, because now I know what my body can and cannot handle. So on Monday, I will definitely have a conversation with him to find out what can I do about this, if anything at all. I may just have to suffer through the headache, but Lord knows I'm not ready for that.

So today, I have started off with my coffee as usual, a scrambled egg with a teaspoon of grape jelly and a cup of orange juice. I have to say I haven't felt this satieated with my band completely empty EVER!!!!!! I actually LOVE this feeling. Sometime between now and noon, I am going to eat a banana. I have to get my extra potassium in as I definitely take my Multivitamins everyday. I am going to do liquids for lunch and for supper, I think I may have some boiled shrimp and a little lettuce and Tomato salad.

I have drank some detox tea for the past couple of days to help with this process, and I finally excreted this morning. It wasn't as much as I hoped for, but something is better than nothing. I do think I'm going to have to take a laxative as I know there's more that needs to come out. I know this maybe a little TMI, but I have to share the whole journey and not part because I want others to know you're not alone in this journey. So I do hope I'm encouraging someone out there. [emoji846]

Day 7: Today, no liquids all day. I have to have some solid food. My stomach is so not right, I'm totally gassy. I'm just all around not feeling well. I've been nauseous all day. I just don't know how I'm going to do this. 🤢🙁 I can't wait until tomorrow gets here so that I can let my doctor know.

Day 8: I called the doctor's office and spoke with the nurse. She said she wasn't sure what I could do and was sorry I was sick. She also said she would speak with the doctor and give me a call back. Mondays are his surgery days so I'm sure she wasn't able to tell him. Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow. I had full solid foods today, so I will slowly take away a meal and incorporate it with liquids so that by the time Thursday gets here, I can hopefully be on full liquids without being nauseous. 🤞🏽