Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I refused to take anything stronger than Tylenol with codine to ease the pain and now I’m regretting it. I cant sleep , sit, lay down or anything without pain on my right side. Going to the bathroom is a job just getting up and down.

Did anyone have this type of pain and discomfort your first week ? I’m 3 days post op and getting in fluids is almost impossible. HELP why did I do this again.....

I'm so sorry you're having pain. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have any pain at all. Be sure you get your fluids in, you don't want to dehydrate and have to be hospitalized. Take care.

Yes, I agree to get something, it's only temporary. I took painkillers for 10 days and started titrating down on day 7.

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• allwet

this one is a bit of a slog to get thru but it is important to see the differences they are trying to define.
      https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/2A9776922A28F8F757BDA32C3266AC2A/S1368980017000234a.pdf/un_decade_of_nutrition_the_nova_food_classification_and_the_trouble_with_ultraprocessing.pdf
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS

Dinner tonight was: a dessert plate (cuz it's small) topped w/ dark leafy greens, refried beans & stewed shredded chicken. Pretty good.
      · 0 replies
    • CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS

This is great, but having difficulty changing where it says under my moniker & next to my profile picture, "Pre Op" to ---> "Post Op".  I'm new, but had my Gastric Bypass procedure 06 February 2018. Halp! lol  Also, how do I post Before & current "After/ Work In Progress" photos?  Do I post it/ them in this status box? Any assistance appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance. Toodles!
      · 1 reply
      1. CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS

Nevermind, I found the answers from the HELP thread. :)

• AshleyDosie

Day 3 of the liquid pre-op diet. I haven't felt too bad, but my brain wants some food!!! I can do this!
      · 0 replies
    • FullMoonFanny

Day 2 of pureed food diet, 15 day post Sx. I'm eating lunch (leftover taco ground beef mixed with 2% cottage cheese) and wondering "Am I full? Am I full? How will I know I am full?" I've prepared about a 1/2 cup total and eaten about a half of that. Then I get the familiar pressure behind my sternum, like a burp is just sitting there wanting to come up. I hiccup a couple times and gas bubbles up from my belly. There's no feeling of fullness in my stomach, its all in my chest. I guess this is full for me? I am just learning what full feels like. For the new me, fullness isn't leaning back from the table with my hands on my belly wanting to unbutton my jeans. Fullness is a feeling low in my chest that the food has stopped going down. Air is trying to escape to make room. It's the feeling of really needing to burp. Still learning.

· 1 reply
      1. gabybab

I get a heavy feeling in my chest and can't burp, then the hiccups come and they are loud and obnoxious

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs