Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANYONE CHEAT ON THEIR PRE OP LIQUID DIET?



Recommended Posts

IM 7 DAYS AWAY FROM MY SURGERY AND I SLIPPED UP!!!!!! IM SO SCARED ABOUT NOT BEING APPROVED FOR MY SURGERY BECAUSE MY LIVER IS TOO FATTY :( PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES GOOD AND BAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CESILEYRAE said:

IM 7 DAYS AWAY FROM MY SURGERY AND I SLIPPED UP!!!!!! IM SO SCARED ABOUT NOT BEING APPROVED FOR MY SURGERY BECAUSE MY LIVER IS TOO FATTY :( PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES GOOD AND BAD

No, I didn't cheat on my two-week pre-diet, but I sure wanted to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I did a little, but I managed to lose 16 pounds in one week pre-op. My Dr never said if my liver was good or bad come to think of it.

Try your hardest to not cheat. Good luck! It will all be ok!

Edited by gabybab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gabybab said:

I did a little, but I managed to lose 16 pounds in one week pre-op. My Dr never said if my liver was good or bad come to think of it.

Try your hardest to not cheat. Good luck! It will all be ok!

WOW THATS AWESOME I HAVE LOST 10 POUNDS SO FAR AND I HAVE 6 DAYS UNTIL SURGERY. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POSITIVE RESPONSE! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HONESTLY :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No for me. I figured if I cheated before surgery I would cheat after. I lost 15# prior to surgery. It is hard - no doubt, because you still have your normal appetite function. That will change after surgery. Hang in there! This, too, shall pass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AZhiker said:

No for me. I figured if I cheated before surgery I would cheat after. I lost 15# prior to surgery. It is hard - no doubt, because you still have your normal appetite function. That will change after surgery. Hang in there! This, too, shall pass!

THANK YOU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't cheat, either, but you should be fine unless you totally fell off the wagon and cheated for days. One slip up shouldn't hurt things.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Briswife15 said:

I didn't cheat, either, but you should be fine unless you totally fell off the wagon and cheated for days. One slip up shouldn't hurt things.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

THANKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to do a 7-day diet and I did cheat the first day but I think you definitely need to get atleast 5 or 6days of straight liquid diet before surgery to ensure everything is good inside. 6days worked for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jaytissle55 said:

I had to do a 7-day diet and I did cheat the first day but I think you definitely need to get atleast 5 or 6days of straight liquid diet before surgery to ensure everything is good inside. 6days worked for me...

THEY WANTED ME TO DO 14 DAY Protein Powder ONLY BUT I WILL DEFINITELY FOLLOW IT THE NEXT 6 DAYS UNTIL MY SURGERY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure you don't go overboard with super high fat fast foods, but I would stick to the instructions as close as possible... Good luck to you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaytissle55 said:

Just make sure you don't go overboard with super high fat fast foods, but I would stick to the instructions as close as possible... Good luck to you...

thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IM 7 DAYS AWAY FROM MY SURGERY AND I SLIPPED UP!!!!!! IM SO SCARED ABOUT NOT BEING APPROVED FOR MY SURGERY BECAUSE MY LIVER IS TOO FATTY [emoji20] PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES GOOD AND BAD
I didn't cheat... but 7 days I think is enough time, drink a lot of liquids, to help your body to discharge what you eat. Remember your stomach has to be completely empty for your surgery, if not you have the risk of aspiration any solid you have in your stomach and that can be mortal... be a good girl from now... don't quit you can do it!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Amneris said:

I didn't cheat... but 7 days I think is enough time, drink a lot of liquids, to help your body to discharge what you eat. Remember your stomach has to be completely empty for your surgery, if not you have the risk of aspiration any solid you have in your stomach and that can be mortal... be a good girl from now... don't quit you can do it!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

AHHH HOW SWEET!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! I WILL DRINK TONS OF LIQUIDS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • freetobeme

      Behavioral modification is the key... I went to my first session of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and it was incredible! We talked about the purpose behind certain unwanted behaviors as all behavior is developed to serve a purpose, being ready, willing and able, thought mapping (finding the origin/pattern of thought that ultimately contributes to certain unwanted behaviors), and replacing one behavior with another that's as equally rewarding, if not more.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Enidmagali

      Hi, I’m scheduled for surgery on June, 24. I’m so excited, but nervous at the same time. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • allwet

      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        Thanks! I'm going to ask about that one.

    • ms.sss

      Having another blah food day today.  My lunch has been sitting here with me for almost two hours and all I've managed to eat was maybe 1/2 oz of grilled chicken and 2 cucumber slices.  Eff it, I'm done.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Margaret698

      Hello Everyone. I am new to this website. Everyone has encouraged me and  happy to say I am now scheduled for sleeve surgery on July 29th 19'. I am so grateful for sites like this for support and answers. Thank you to all and best of luck to you.
       
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×