Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 weeks post op and just starting soft foods. I feel like it’s so vague and I hate that I can’t just get a structure for this but instead have to figure out what works for me. I feel like a fish out of Water and that I don’t know what to have. I dont know why I’m so confused by that?

my period is a week late and I’ve been spotting and extremely hormonal but it’s not here yet.

I have random thoughts running through my kind of regret. It’s not really regret it’s just more that I’m just feeling not confident and unsure and wonder how long that will last for and hoping it’s not just forever.

I’m still on anti nausea meds because I get it everyday.

am I normal? Do people have these struggles and worries? I have good moments where I can start to see my weightless which is exciting but everything seems so hard right now with a constant fight to get Protein in.

Sure it's normal to worry. It's a new phase of your life, a new adventure that you haven't done before. It's all a matter of trial and error within the parameters that your nutritionist set out for you. Hang in there, it gets easier with practice.

You're only 4 weeks out and this normal. I'm almost 3 months, and not that far ahead of you.

But, it does get better. I'm eating more and it's getting easier.

I'm not much of a cook and buy a lot of prepared foods and go 2x a week.

It will get easier and you will feel better and better.

My best to you!

I am 4 weeks post op and just starting soft foods. I feel like it’s so vague and I hate that I can’t just get a structure for this but instead have to figure out what works for me. I feel like a fish out of Water and that I don’t know what to have. I dont know why I’m so confused by that?
my period is a week late and I’ve been spotting and extremely hormonal but it’s not here yet.
I have random thoughts running through my kind of regret. It’s not really regret it’s just more that I’m just feeling not confident and unsure and wonder how long that will last for and hoping it’s not just forever.
I’m still on anti nausea meds because I get it everyday.

am I normal? Do people have these struggles and worries? I have good moments where I can start to see my weightless which is exciting but everything seems so hard right now with a constant fight to get Protein in.

I get it. I am only 3 weeks out and i am fighting just trying to get in something into my diet. I felt totally lost with the liquid diet, but i am hoping with the phase 2, i will be better. Good luck! Try Premier Protein and PB Fit powder for added Protein. Did they say anything about what you can and cant have?

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using BariatricPal mobile app

Hang in there love, just keep your goal in front of you. am 9 weeks out and i had same issues at 4 weeks postup. Just keep trying several things till you stabilize. I wish you all the best, but just know it'll get better.

I remember seeing a lot of postop regret for people in the first several weeks after surgery. But ultimately when you get used to this new way of eating and see the changes for the better happening in your health that feeling of regret should go away.

the first few weeks can be tough and buyers' remorse is common. Just hang in there - the rough part will soon be behind you, and you'll be really glad you did this!!

Super normal. Hang in there. You got this!!!

I feel that way also. I wanted a step by step all the way. But I understand now it can not happen. We are all different in what our body will tolerant. Big learning lesson. But you will learn to listen to your body more clearly and it will be easier. Be patient and look at where you want to be in one year.